• 6 -7 pieces bacon, cut into small pieces
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 (5 ounce) cans baby clams, with juice reserved
• Cocktail shrimp, crabmeat, salmon, tuna – or other misc. seafood
• 6 -7 potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup (I couldn't find a good alternative to this)
• 1 ½ cup heavy cream
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 tablespoon butter
• 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
• 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Add bacon to large sauce pan and cook on medium low heat until crispy.
Add onion and cook until translucent.
Add clam juice from both cans.
Add potatoes and extra water if needed.
Cook and cover until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
Stir occasionally so potatoes won't stick.
Add clams, and other seafood, soup, cream, milk, garlic salt and dill weed.
Cook until thickened.
this is best chowder I've had outside of my favorite place in Depot Bay, Oregon!
Read post #2626
Things I choose to let go:
All grains - including rice
Legumes - including peanut butter
Nuts and nut butters
Alcohol and soda
Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
Coffee and tea
Dairy - including butter
I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.
I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.