Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frequency of getting sick increased on primal? page

palebluedots is offline Senior Member

Frequency of getting sick increased on primal?

I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed any difference in how often they catch colds or flus eating this way? I have been vegan for the last 12 years, and I seriously cannot even remember the last time I caught a bug or a flu of any sort. I've been eating primal for a month now, and just today I can tell I'm getting sick. Fever, sore throat, the works. Of course I can't help wondering if my dietary changes are linked to it. Anyone have thoughts?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    no, i've gotten sick much less with much less severity
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Never gotten sick, really, so I can't say I've noticed an increase.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I was CW previous and seldom got sick (I've never had a cold, the flu only ever when pregnant). However, if I got a sore throat (from breathing cold air through my mouth at night cos I'm a mouth breather), it always evolved into a major cough fest and took a couple of weeks to resolve. Now the sore throat is gone within a couple of hours of waking, even now in quite a cold winter (for us). So yeah, other than one short bout of food poisoning a few weeks ago, that's as bad as it has been since going primal last August (sugar free but still eating carbs from last Jan)

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Any change in your vitamin D status?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    I do not get "sick" since I went primal. One cold in last four years if I recall correctly.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

my vitamin D has always been very low, low enough to worry my doc. but I now take a supplement each day (it is the only supplement I will take), and the last time I was tested my doc said it looked good.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    The jury is still out for me; when I catch a cold it usually turns into a sinus infection. I had a cold earlier this month w/o further complications so I was pretty happy about that, but I have to wait and see if the trend continues.

well, i'm glad to hear that no one is getting sicker doing this. I'll have to assume that whatever I've caught is just coincidence. Can't help feeling a bit skeptical though.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had a cold since adopting Primal. I am not prone to getting sick anyway. I make sure to maintain fairly poor hygiene unless there are sick people around me, then I maintain extra good hygiene.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast