Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite recipe for roasting a chicken? page

primalswan is offline Senior Member

Favorite recipe for roasting a chicken?

Primal Fuel
    I have a nice whole free range chicken in the fridge. I typically just slather some butter and seasoning on it, stick it in the oven and call it a day. Anyone have a better way they feel like sharing?

patski is offline Senior Member
    Stuff a whole lemon up it's butt; add some fresh garlic in there too, fresh herbs. Sage, rosemary and thyme are really nice.

Make sure you roll the lemon beforehand, and pierce it numerous times with a fork.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    yeah do the lemon cut it in half, I also put onions inside then just do a bit of salt and pepper...rub it with some EVO and put some water in the pan. Organic chicken is so much tastier so you really don't need much seasoning..

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Garlicked Garlic chicken
    4 heads (not cloves, heads) garlic, peeled and smashed
    1 head garlic, minced
    2 cups olive oil
    basil, parsley, oregano, bay, and black pepper to taste

Loosen the skin from the chicken but do not remove. mix together 1 c olive oil, spices, and minced garlic. Rub all over the chicken, under the skin. Toss the smashed cloves in the rest of the olive oil and more of the spices, stuf that up it's rear end. Roast.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Paleobird Guest
    Mexican mole (pronounced MO-lay) sauce slathered all over inside and out. Mole, for those who don't almost live in Mexico, is this wonderful Aztec creation blending hot peppers and chocolate.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_3e9h8kpssw_e
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-26-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: add link

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    put a medium onion cut into two halves in the cavity.

sprinkle with paprika or what ever.

wrap in bacon as you see fit.

place breast side down in a cast iron skillet.

toss 5 or more peeled cloves of garlic over top.

roast in oven.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    My Favorite Simple Roast Chicken Recipe at Epicurious.com

Most of the time I don't even bother with the mustard & butter sauce... just fast high dry roasting makes it wonderfully moist.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Not roasting, but I like to chop an onion, put that at the bottom of a crock pot and then put the chicken on top of that. 5 hours later the chicken has made it's own liquid, the meat falls off the bone you put the bones back in the pot cover with water and in the morning you have chicken stock too.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    I use one of these

Demon Cook: CHICKEN IN A BRICK

and the chicken comes out succulent and delicious. I shove half an onion up the cavity in the bird, about 6 bay leaves, a lemon, halved and smear the bird in butter (if you can be bothered to ease the skin away from the breast and smear the butter underneath, it is better still) Put a few bay leaves around / under the bird, put lid on brick and put into cold over. Turn to 180 C, and let it cook for 2 hours. If you want crisp skin, then remove the lid after 1.5 hours and put the brick back in the oven.

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i like to dry-brine it in salt for half an hour, rinse off the excess and pat it really dry, then cover it in butter and fast-roast it (hot oven for about 45-55 minutes on a grill tray with a pan underneath to catch the fat. gets nice crispy skin. some smoked paprika or garlic won't go wrong with this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast