Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Men Who Made Us Fat page

Moochy is offline Senior Member

The Men Who Made Us Fat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Sexism...
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Grok is offline Senior Member

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Where is part 3?
    The show is shown on Thursday evening (UK); part three is yet to air.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I just watched this and it's very hard for me to not to get angry. Watching these women working out, I can't help thinking they are working way harder than I do and probably have a stronger will than I do and yet they are fat all because they eat foods that are intentionally designed to be addictive. How evil is that to come up with a food that will cause disease and to mass market it in quantities that no one should ever consume? A couple years ago I found an old bottle of soda that was produced in my small town in the early 60s, the bottle held 6oz. At some point the soda producers decided to not only use a sweetener that was much sweeter but to also increase the size of the beverage. Now we have rampant obesity and they act like they are completely innocent.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    It's a 6 part series altogether I think, I'm very much enjoying it, glad it's on you-tube so you johnny forginers can watch it
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Will check this out tonight. Thanks for the share!

vrodmuscle is offline Member
    Thanks for sharing
    My Youtube Health and Fitness Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dcdhealthfitness

Will be making more videos weekly.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I thought it was interesting to see things from a British point of view. Especially the part where they had to figure out a way to get British people to eat more often because they were really reluctant to eat between meals. I suppose they did the same thing to us in the US but I never noticed it or maybe I'm too young to have noticed it.

People ought to realize that marketers do that with everything. They usually create a product and then try to figure out how to get people to buy it or buy more of it. That's why you have stupid things like those kleenex towels in special boxes that fit on your bathroom towel rack and then commercials about how much better they are than real towels. We're all just dumping grounds for whatever garbage they create, stops along the way to the landfill for the products, and wallets for reaching into. That our bodies' metabolism makes sugar so lucrative is a total bonus.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    At some point some-one managed to convince most of UK that everything in America was better, probably somethng to do with MTV and Friends, now we just run along at the US's heals like an annoying dweeb kid trying to be with the popular gang, doing every daft thing you do. Now we are paying the price for acting without thinking. Don't get me wrong, some great things have been given to us from America, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Mountain Biking to name 2. But other stuff not so much.
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 06-27-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast