Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not cheap page 4

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    Isn't a EUR like $.80 to a US $1.00? That would make 1200 EUR = $960 US, right?
    The other way round Google just showed me this figure - 1200 Euros = 1 497.36 U.S. dollars

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Though I agree with the other posters that there are ways to cut down on costs, ultimately, I spend a high percentage of my pay on food, because, ultimately, what's more important than my health? As Joel Salatin says: "If you think organic food is expensive, have you priced cancer lately?"

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    We spend $250 a week to feed 7 people for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and one snack a day, and that includes toiletries like paper towels, toilet paper, toothbrushes, etc.

Find some calorie dense foods like coconut milk and use it in lots of recipes. And frozen veggies are excellent! I buy grassfed ground meat... And it would be cheaper per pound if I bought it in bulk and froze it. But I need a big freezer first! Also, while you still need a lot of calories, you'd be surprised at how much food you dont need. I could eat a whole pizza, but I can only eat 2 hambuger patties. CW has you eating more often too. Your body has to adjust.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    CW has you eating more often too. Your body has to adjust.
    This was a lesson we learned on our first shopping trip - later that week we discovered we ate a lot less and bought way too much food.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    As Joel Salatin says: "If you think organic food is expensive, have you priced cancer lately?"
    Touche~!

I know when I first started, the spices are what got me! Because I never really cooked before, I needed to load up on the spices, and that really dug into my budget some.

Quote Originally Posted by inesenite View Post
    The other way round Google just showed me this figure - 1200 Euros = 1 497.36 U.S. dollars
    Are you sure? I looked it up too, and Currency Calculator - x-rates says $1 is to 0.801603 EUR

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    Are you sure? I looked it up too, and Currency Calculator - x-rates says $1 is to 0.801603 EUR
    So 1200 Euros / 0.801603 = $1497. Math... Go figure.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    That's about what I spend for a family of 3, the third only being 14 months . 250 a week, easy. I don't shop for deals or use coupons or go to different stores for different shit. It is what it is.

I can't do the whole bone broth, cow assholes and canned mackerel diet. I buy steaks, chops, chicken, fish, veggies, fruit and cheese.

One thing that is nice is the store I shop at usually has less desirable cuts of grass fed beef. Sirloin Tip, Cross Rib etc.. which are great for breakfast meats and cheap. I wouldn't serve it to a guest LOL.
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 06-27-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This thread is a good reminder for me for why I need to stop buying stuff to spoil myself with. Lately I have been overdosing on pistachios, which do not come cheap, even in bulk. I think my grocery bill is about $700/month for 1.5 people (boyfriend comes over half the week and we cook together, but only using ingredients that I approve of XD)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast