Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My mini success Story page

EricandLisa is offline Member

My mini success Story

Shop Now
    I went into the Primal lifestyle after seeing my good friend Todd drop 80 lbs in a matter of months, not so much for the weight loss but because he felt 1000 times better about himself, felt healthier, faster, etc. I thought I could lose 10 or 15 lbs and be happy, and my wife felt like she could lose 10 lbs or so and be happy so we started reading and went all in early February 2012. The first 3 weeks was difficult for the both of us, I felt like hell was constantly tired and Lisas gut was inside out. We eat great before starting this, she loved making quinoa dishes and we did our best buying organic and home grown when we could. It was still a big enough change to mention for us, but now here we are 5 months later and we love EVERYTHING about the Primal lifestyle we will never turn back to S.A.D.. EVER.

I don't have any shirt off photos but I do have one from us last year in November, and one last week of myself in a similar dress shirt and tie and I couldn't believe the difference my self. When I first started this thing I was hovering around 212 lbs at 5'10, and today I weigh in at 174. Heres a before and after

The jelly beans thing is a joke, btw

I call my story a mini success because some of the people on this forum put my journey to shame, and holy hell does everyone here look fantastic. I wish I could post more but I'm not much for typing. I do want to say thank you to the community here, my friend Todd, and to Marks Daily Apple in general. As I recently said in another post, this forum has changed my life.

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! No need to call it a mini-success! This is your real success! Thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of us!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

docpearce is offline Member
    Great work. Good to see another Wisconsiner. I'm actually just 15 miles west of you. We'll be hangin in Tosa tomorrow for pre-Summerfest

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Nice Eric! You look fantastic man. Way to go!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Wow! You were already a good looking guy at your heavier weight. What an amazing success : ) Just because it isn't a 100 lb. loss doesn't mean it's not a major success. Great job!!

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    eric my good friend ... i couldnt be more proud of you .. no mini success.. you fought thru the toughest transition of anyone i know .. you really did feel like shit for the first month or so ...

were all in this together .. and its AWESOME to see you happy about it, and to see you telling more and more people every day ...

to those that are local ... look for our facebook page --- Primal - Paleo Lifestyle .... join up, were having a BBQ soon

but back to topic .. eric.. you and lisa did AWESOME and look GREAT .. besides skinnier you both look for more alive and energetic! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Eric, you look amazing! This is a full fledged success story - no 'mini' about it. You lost about 18% of yourself and are so lean and healthy looking. Congratulations!

EricandLisa is offline Member
    Thanks so much everyone. My wife is looking fantastic as always and we feel great. I don't miss a thing from SAD ( besides ice cream ) and cheating once a month doesn't hurt my feelings . Like Todd said for locals we plan to have a few primal cook outs and I have a bunch of friends interested in coming over to the primal life too. I just got back from an 18 mile mtb bike ride in 96 degree heat and I've never felt more alive!

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    Awesome job! Big success!
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

tapper47 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EricandLisa View Post
    I went into the Primal lifestyle after seeing my good friend Todd drop 80 lbs in a matter of months, not so much for the weight loss but because he felt 1000 times better about himself, felt healthier, faster, etc. I thought I could lose 10 or 15 lbs and be happy, and my wife felt like she could lose 10 lbs or so and be happy so we started reading and went all in early February 2012. The first 3 weeks was difficult for the both of us, I felt like hell was constantly tired and Lisas gut was inside out. We eat great before starting this, she loved making quinoa dishes and we did our best buying organic and home grown when we could. It was still a big enough change to mention for us, but now here we are 5 months later and we love EVERYTHING about the Primal lifestyle we will never turn back to S.A.D.. EVER.

I don't have any shirt off photos but I do have one from us last year in November, and one last week of myself in a similar dress shirt and tie and I couldn't believe the difference my self. When I first started this thing I was hovering around 212 lbs at 5'10, and today I weigh in at 174. Heres a before and after

The jelly beans thing is a joke, btw

I call my story a mini success because some of the people on this forum put my journey to shame, and holy hell does everyone here look fantastic. I wish I could post more but I'm not much for typing. I do want to say thank you to the community here, my friend Todd, and to Marks Daily Apple in general. As I recently said in another post, this forum has changed my life.
    You looked quite good before but, now you look fabulous! Awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast