Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Pimple page

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member

Primal Pimple

Primal Fuel
    Alright, I've had enough... One more pimple, and I'll qualify as a 13-year-old boy... With a very feminine anatomy.

I started breaking out when I cut gluten cold-turkey. I went on an anti-candida diet, and then I found paleo and cut all grains. I also cut dairy, eggs, nightshades, and the dozens of other foods I was tested intollerant to. I take vit d, calcium/mag/phosphorus, zinc/copper, digestive enzymes, betaine hcl, and diatomaceous earth every now and then. I thought maybe I wasn't getting enough o 3's, so I just started codliver oil since regular fish oil is made with sardines, and I can't have those. I was in ketosis for quite sometime, and I didn't see a difference. So I increased starches via pumpkin, squash, carrots, banana, and berries. Those however, make me totally bloated and nauseous. I never tried sweet potatoes becuase I tested intollerant to those on my food test. I cut nuts. Can't digest em. And I increased my fermented foods... Coconut milk yogurt and water kefir. I also have been juicing for several months- stuff like kale, chard, bok choy, watercress, and spinach. Oh, I took some anti-candida/probiotic mix supplement. So, what am I missing? I've looked into estrogen dominance, but that's more supplements and I'm not even sure if that's the problem.

I had a good workout today (lift heavy things), but I noticed more pimples after I worked out. I've been using dr bronners as facewash, or witch hazel. Shea butter or coconut oil to moisturize as needed. I've also tried bentonite clay masks. I have no history of problem with acne, so this is new. And if I ever had them as a teenager it was on my chin or nose not on my neck, jawline, forehead, and back like now.

I'm open to all suggestions, except drinking camel snot... Well, maybe I would...
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Alright, I've had enough... One more pimple, and I'll qualify as a 13-year-old boy... With a very feminine anatomy.

I started breaking out when I cut gluten cold-turkey. I went on an anti-candida diet, and then I found paleo and cut all grains. I also cut dairy, eggs, nightshades, and the dozens of other foods I was tested intollerant to. I take vit d, calcium/mag/phosphorus, zinc/copper, digestive enzymes, betaine hcl, and diatomaceous earth every now and then. I thought maybe I wasn't getting enough o 3's, so I just started codliver oil since regular fish oil is made with sardines, and I can't have those. I was in ketosis for quite sometime, and I didn't see a difference. So I increased starches via pumpkin, squash, carrots, banana, and berries. Those however, make me totally bloated and nauseous. I never tried sweet potatoes becuase I tested intollerant to those on my food test. I cut nuts. Can't digest em. And I increased my fermented foods... Coconut milk yogurt and water kefir. I also have been juicing for several months- stuff like kale, chard, bok choy, watercress, and spinach. Oh, I took some anti-candida/probiotic mix supplement. So, what am I missing? I've looked into estrogen dominance, but that's more supplements and I'm not even sure if that's the problem.

I had a good workout today (lift heavy things), but I noticed more pimples after I worked out. I've been using dr bronners as facewash, or witch hazel. Shea butter or coconut oil to moisturize as needed. I've also tried bentonite clay masks. I have no history of problem with acne, so this is new. And if I ever had them as a teenager it was on my chin or nose not on my neck, jawline, forehead, and back like now.

I'm open to all suggestions, except drinking camel snot... Well, maybe I would...
    Maybe you are not missing anything. Maybe you are overcomplicating things with so many supplements. If you are already eating a healthy diet, many of them may be totally unnecessary. Also many supplements come in capsules and with stabilizers and fillers that can be harmful. It sounds like your system is very sensitive to several substances. One or more of those could very well be in the supplements you are taking to correct deficiencies that may or may not really even exist. I think if you just stuck to whole real foods for a while, a lot of this would sort itself out.

McChunky is offline Member
    I've written a similar post a few weeks back. I've had persistent little break-outs around my mouth for months now for no apparent reason.

It's extremely frustrating especially when you feel everything else is dialed in. If I didn't feel so awesome and wasn't thinner than ever I'd say forget it I'm going back to SAD when my face was crystal clear! :-P

Of course, I'm kidding but if anyone could figure out why this is happening I'd be eternally grateful. I've been Paleo for over a year so it's not like it hasn't had time to work.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Things that helped me, a 30-year-old guy who gets boils from dairy and zits from looking at a soybean.

Do not ever wash your face. Don't put anything on your face, except for cool and extremely cold water. Also avoid shampoo, as it runs down the face and can irritate the skin. DO NOT shower with anything near hot water. Cool to luke-warm is the safe range. Hot water will inflame the skin and easily cause acne.

Drink a lot of strong green tea, and dandelion root tea.

Stop taking strange pills. Eat liver, greens, small fruits and berries and tubers instead., as tolerated.

Cut back all your polyunsaturated fat to extremely small quantities. That means eat fish, not fish extract.

Eat tons of saturated and monounsaturated fat, like tallow in your meat and veggies and straight avocados in moderation - like one or two a day.

Avoid olive oil unless you have proof that it's real.

Get sun. A light tan easily sends all the redness away for days, especially if everything else is dialed in.

All those helped me - so give them a whirl, but I'm a guy and your case sounds hormonal.

neck, jawline, forehead, and back like now.
    Good to note that. It does indicate a hormonal cause as opposed to directly dietary or environmental.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Things that helped me, a 30-year-old guy who gets boils from dairy and zits from looking at a soybean.

Do not ever wash your face. Don't put anything on your face, except for cool and extremely cold water. Also avoid shampoo, as it runs down the face and can irritate the skin. DO NOT shower with anything near hot water. Cool to luke-warm is the safe range. Hot water will inflame the skin and easily cause acne.

Drink a lot of strong green tea, and dandelion root tea.

Stop taking strange pills. Eat liver, greens, small fruits and berries and tubers instead., as tolerated.

Cut back all your polyunsaturated fat to extremely small quantities. That means eat fish, not fish extract.

Eat tons of saturated and monounsaturated fat, like tallow in your meat and veggies and straight avocados in moderation - like one or two a day.

Avoid olive oil unless you have proof that it's real.

Get sun. A light tan easily sends all the redness away for days, especially if everything else is dialed in.

All those helped me - so give them a whirl, but I'm a guy and your case sounds hormonal.

Good to note that. It does indicate a hormonal cause as opposed to directly dietary or environmental.

So if hormonal, what then? Someone recommened calcium d glutemate and DIM to clear out excess estrogen, but I don't want more supplements. I read MDA on how to increase testosterone, which decreases estrogen, by lifting heavy things, avoiding chronic cardio, sleeping, and some other stuff that I'm already doing.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Do you have any other symptoms of increased testosterone? Excess hair growth, patches or dark skin, light or irregular periods?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Do you have any other symptoms of increased testosterone? Excess hair growth, patches or dark skin, light or irregular periods?
    No, in fact it was opposite. Slight hair loss and heavy periods that were closer together than normal all in the last 3-4 months since I made the diet changes.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I have nothing to offer except to be extra aware of touching your skin. I break out on my jawline/chin if I sit in front of my computer too long with my chin cupped in my hand.

My partner also breaks out when he eats too much dairy. He can only tolerate a little.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

patski is offline Senior Member
    I agree that you're on too many supps. I say cut them all out.

Have you been tested for candida? You mentioned you went on an anti-candida diet.

At this point, I'd search out a reputable naturopathic doc. Someone who can test you for your thyroid function and check hormones.

As someone who's been battling candida for over a year, I sympathize. But I've learned taking a ton of supps doesn't fix anything.

One of the few supps I take these days is l-glutamine. It is amazing at healing the gut lining, and it does so quickly. 5 to 10 grams a day.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you need to up your fat intake if your having some hair loss. I had this happen to me when I was on a diet 5 yrs ago. A change in diet can definitely affect your hair however I have only been on Paleo for roughly 3 weeks and I haven't had any issues with my hair since i'm at about 30% fat daily in my diet. As for the pimple that has to be hormonal. I breakout under my jawline right around I get my period. Your diet could be fine. It could also be the product you are using on your face ie if you wear makeup. I use the Origins line and their stuff is natural enough to me and I have never had issues with the line.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast