Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help ! pink pee page

help ! pink pee

Shop Now
    just a bit concerned here as I noticed my pee was pink this afternoon. gave me quite a shock.

I did eat 1.5 oz beets last night and the same this morning but wouldnt have thought it was enough to be responsible also I eat beets on a off all year as I grow my own and havnt noticed it before .
    Would my diet have anything to do with this ?I am eating quite a lot of fat 100ish gms, around 100gms protein daily and varying amounts of carbs ranging from 30 down to 12 one day. Is the lack of carbs in the diet likely to be a factor ?
    I'm trying to shift the last 9lbs of fat to get to a modest 10 stone 7lbs ,its proving hard to shift.I'm being very strict.Is this the right way to do it ??
    Anyone else had similar experience ?
    thanks

jakey is offline Senior Member
    relax. this means nothing. was it bt beets? yeah, probably.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Yep - beets will do it to me every time. It's a bit shocking to see, but nothing to worry about
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Beets.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Yep - beets will do it to me every time. It's a bit shocking to see, but nothing to worry about

ETA: But if you are worried at all, just ask your doctor to order a urinalysis for you. They can tell in a couple of minutes if there is blood or lymphocytes in your urine.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

nevermore is offline Junior Member
    Beets

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I eat beets and never pee pink. Hubby can eat half as much as me and says his is blood red.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I get a pink tint too when I eat beets. Likely nothing to worry about. If it persists (and you don't eat beets) then I would go see the doc asap.
    Starting Weight: 208 lbs
    Current Weight: 166.8 lbs

thanks evryone for your replies. I will keep an eye on things. Maybe keep off the beets for a few days and then add them in again and see what happens.

PrimalCon New York
    I ate 2 large beets between Sunday's dinner and Monday's lunch. The last couple of days have been...colourful. And it ain't just pee....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast