Thread: The Right Number of Calories page

BigSwifty is offline Junior Member

The Right Number of Calories

I see a lot of websites (CW websites that is) that give random recommendations as to what your average caloric intake should be, but I don't trust them. I'm about 6'4" and 190 lbs. I sprint once a week, lift weights for about an hour 3 times a week and go for easy bike rides 5-7 times a week. What do you all think that my average caloric intake should be? Or is this just a silly question?

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I'm not trying to be snarky, but if you're not losing or gaining, then you're eating at the right caloric level.

You're right to be skeptical about those websites that recommend caloric intake because there are just too many variables involved for any type of accuracy.

I arrived at my own appropriate level via 'trial and error,' and although that level would shock people here (which is why I'm not mentioning it), my endo told me that I was accurate based on his tests and other observations.

If I go significantly below this level, I lose weight. If I exceed it, I gain. That's why I said that the level at which you're maintaining a desired weight is the right level for you.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwifty View Post
    I see a lot of websites (CW websites that is) that give random recommendations as to what your average caloric intake should be, but I don't trust them. I'm about 6'4" and 190 lbs. I sprint once a week, lift weights for about an hour 3 times a week and go for easy bike rides 5-7 times a week. What do you all think that my average caloric intake should be? Or is this just a silly question?
    At your height/weight, yes it is a silly question. Don't fix what ain't broke.