Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leangains Ratios page

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member

Leangains Ratios

Shop Now
    Hi,

Whats a rough guide to Protein/Carb/Fat ratios, both on and off days, when following Leangains?

I know that on days is higher carb/lower fat, and off days are higher fat/lower carb. But whats the typical ratio look like?

Also, is consuming organic Cream during off days (higher fat) acceptable?

Thanks

Oz

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    Hi,

Whats a rough guide to Protein/Carb/Fat ratios, both on and off days, when following Leangains?

I know that on days is higher carb/lower fat, and off days are higher fat/lower carb. But whats the typical ratio look like?

Also, is consuming organic Cream during off days (higher fat) acceptable?

Thanks

Oz
    LeanGains doesn't really care what you eat outside of : Protein levels and Carb refeeds on lift days. As long as you hit your macro numbers you can eat beef jerky and gummy worms. Martin is not Primal and doesn't tell people to eat primal, he actually makes fun of it from time to time.

Find your macros with info here : http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-...ngains-macros/
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

xiashang is offline Junior Member
    You said is very good,but i can't help you .

vrodmuscle is offline Member
    Hi there,

I train using some leangain principles, although my fating window is closer to 20 hours.

As a general rule of thumb, Martain suggest consuming more carbs on training days and less on off days.
    My Youtube Health and Fitness Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dcdhealthfitness

Will be making more videos weekly.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    This will calculate it for you: IF Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by vrodmuscle View Post
    Hi there,

I train using some leangain principles, although my fating window is closer to 20 hours.

As a general rule of thumb, Martain suggest consuming more carbs on training days and less on off days.
    True, Martin basically uses carbs to create the +/- ratios. So your macros would be the same every day except for the carb boost on lift days.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

amazingjay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    True, Martin basically uses carbs to create the +/- ratios. So your macros would be the same every day except for the carb boost on lift days.
    Howdy! New guy here... I've been doing low-carb for a year now and recently started doing I.F., but the thought of increasing my carb intake makes me wonder. Do you know why Martin Berkhan recommends carbs (even if one is cutting)?
    Last edited by amazingjay; 07-24-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    Expecto Patronum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amazingjay View Post
    Do you know why Martin Berkhan recommends carbs (even if one is cutting)?
    So your muscles have enough fuel to do the workouts.

Low carb, high carb, doesn't matter on non lifting days, then it's just about protein and other calories. But post workout you need to refill your glycogen stores.

amazingjay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    So your muscles have enough fuel to do the workouts.

Low carb, high carb, doesn't matter on non lifting days, then it's just about protein and other calories. But post workout you need to refill your glycogen stores.
    But couldn't your stored fats be used for refill? Or if you're consuming dietary fats and proteins right after working out, couldn't you eat more of those instead of carbs?

I'm trying to figure out why it's essential to increase carb in take on training days when one is following Leangains.
    Expecto Patronum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amazingjay View Post
    But couldn't your stored fats be used for refill? Or if you're consuming dietary fats and proteins right after working out, couldn't you eat more of those instead of carbs?

I'm trying to figure out why it's essential to increase carb in take on training days when one is following Leangains.
    Fats can not be turned into glucose, your muscles need glucose. The rate of conversion of protein to glucose is ridiculously slow and low for your needs if you are pushing yourself in the weight room on a regular basis.

Also, carb refeeds do wonderful things to insulin sensitivity, even if you aren't working out you should be doing a refeed about once a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast