Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leangains Ratios page 2

amazingjay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    Fats can not be turned into glucose, your muscles need glucose. The rate of conversion of protein to glucose is ridiculously slow and low for your needs if you are pushing yourself in the weight room on a regular basis.
    Based from this livestrong article, fats & protein do turn into glucose through gluconeogenesis. Though, it could be argued that they are slow "if you are pushing yourself in the weight room on a regular basis."

Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    Also, carb refeeds do wonderful things to insulin sensitivity, even if you aren't working out you should be doing a refeed about once a week.
    How much carbs do you consume when you do your weekly refeeds (when you're not working out)?
    Expecto Patronum!!!

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    My mistake on the gluconeogenesis, I thought it was just amino acids that got broken down. Regardless, it's a poor way to get glycogen to your muscles, it's more there to protect your brain in times of famine.
    Quote Originally Posted by amazingjay View Post
    How much carbs do you consume when you do your weekly refeeds (when you're not working out)?
    yeah... I don't have weeks I don't workout. But it would probably look similar to my lifting days (as those are carb refeeds). Just throw in a big a$$ sweet potato and drop your fat intake that day.

If you're looking for a number... Eat more than 150g of carbs for a refeed.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

amazingjay is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Apparently, Mark Sisson recommends carb refeeds (somewhat):
    Carb Refeeding and Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple
    Expecto Patronum!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12