Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: why mark? page 6

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My cholesterol is getting steadily higher and higher, thank goodness. You want high cholesterol. It's a good thing.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    What's old is new again. Back in the 1960's my, college educated, mother told me, 'eat your meat and vegetables, starch ( her word for carbs) makes you fat. Advice I ended up ignoring over the years to my detriment. CW changes over time, and it seems to have changed for the worse. For what reason I don't know for sure but if I was cynical I'd say follow the money. You can find 100 year old crowd photos on the web and what's amazing is how thin everyone is. Something, in our time, must be wrong. Can You tell me what?

Tercio

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Cause I've done my own research and come to my own conclusions. I don't rely any anybody elses "word". Read assimilate, scrutinize, and repeat.

That said...."health" is not a destination to reach, but a path to follow. New information will continue to surface throughout your life. Use it to the best of your knowledge. Right now Primal has it pretty dead on for the current data available IMO.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=ilovedogs;882897]
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Not due to, but associated with. And only loosely. QUOTE]

Who says this is true. This is what I mean! All I am saying is that there are a lot of high coleseral levels on this forum, and I am quickly proved wrong.

Meh, nothing in science is "true"....scientific studies do not produce truth. It infers, speculates, points to, or may disprove or support a hypothesis. Thats the fun of it . There are very little "truths" known in the biological sciences. If it isn't math based you can't prove it right? BUT, you take what you got and use it to the best of your abilities.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Wait WHAT? Why is everybody saying this is all based on how you feel? Let me eat some more sugar then. Makes me feel very awesome. And bread? Doesn't make me feel different than meat. Please tell me there is some good scientific evidence grains are really bad. Because I hate doing certain things just because it makes other people feel good.
    I have done plenty of research why I should avoid too much PUFA and I am convinced I shouldn't eat too much of it. But grains? I haven't done much research on that myself but I would love to see some good evidence.
    Billie trips balls

Mindy1986 is offline Junior Member
    I think it is all in personal experimentation. Because there is so much conflicting scientific research it is important that people find what works for them. I was a vegetarian for a while and had constant carb binges, I was vegan and my hair fell out and I was constantly tired after the first few weeks. I tried portion control and that doesn't work for me. Turns out I am a "grain" addict. You can consider a Primal lifestyle as my recovery program
    Suddenly I eat normally. This program has therefore worked for me. Besides no one said "Mark is right." Everything he says should still be taken with a grain of salt. The good thing about Mark is that he provides (mostly) reliable sources for much of the assumptions he makes regarding health. And it is fairly balanced in terms of showing both sides of the story. Also your approach is totally wrong. No one is wrong or right. Science is never wrong or right (trust me I know I am studying to be a molecular biologist). "Evidence" merely supports or disproves an idea. That is all.

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    gadsie, stick with your research, learn to parse the stupid sources from the good ones, and don't take shit posted here so literally!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Gadsie, things are different when you're young. Your body hasn't been beat up like when you're middle aged and feeling the abuse. You can get away with a lot more, and I wouldn't worry about it as much if I were your age.

Bad food is kind of like bad relationship choices when you're young. Yeah, the highs and lows are exciting when you're 19 and life is all about non-stop adrenaline. When you're in your 40s, you realize the drama is a pain in the ass and it would be really nice to find someone that just makes you happy and feeling prett good all the time, not insanely high and then in the pits of hell the next day.

That's kind of how "bad" food is - like a dysfunctional relationship. You feel really great, and then you feel like crap. Repeat as many times as needed to learn that it sucks over the long haul.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananabonobo View Post
    gadsie, stick with your research, learn to parse the stupid sources from the good ones, and don't take shit posted here so literally!
    Well as long as I didn't do research on something myself I just believe what mark says. I know i shouldn't just believe it right away but it's better than going to cnn.com or something.
    But there are certain things I can't figure out anything about. For example dairy, I have asked multiple times how "healthy" dairy is. I always get answers like "how do you feel after eating it?" or "I don't know but I eat it in moderation". These answers are completely worthless to me.
    With cases like this I just go by my own logic. I realize milk is for rapid growing calfs so I guess it's not very healthy.
    Billie trips balls

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    The reason you're not getting a clear answer on dairy (I think) is because I don't believe there really IS one. A lot of people do really well with dairy and don't have an health issues because of it. Others find it's a problem. Unless it's a problem for you specifically, I wouldn't worry about it. Go for it!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast