Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: winded beyond belief ! page

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member

winded beyond belief !

Primal Fuel
    let me re word this. is it unhealthy to do a workout that get's you severely winded?
    I started a tire sled and it wipes me out -bad? worried about my heart or something else?

next week, will be adding a belgian bag, if i don't die first!
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 06-25-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: too long

vrodmuscle is offline Member
    A lot of variables at play to determine if you should use caution...your current fitness level, cholesterol/blood pressure, on any medication, family history, age, etc...best to confirm with your MD
    My Youtube Health and Fitness Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dcdhealthfitness

Will be making more videos weekly.

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    this is pretty much what a sprint is supposed to do - make you winded beyond belief. do a few sprints a week but not all the time; most workouts should make you winded but not about to crawl into the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananabonobo View Post
    this is pretty much what a sprint is supposed to do - make you winded beyond belief. do a few sprints a week but not all the time; most workouts should make you winded but not about to crawl into the grave.
    well, i know sprinting does that, tried them but my knees won't allow it. but, dragging my tire sled while walking is amazing,but getting that out of breath is unnerving. have not worked out this heavy before, I really like it, but was just worried about intense exercise.

I am glad I am getting a similar workout of a sprint , without actually sprinting. I think I will cut my distance back a bit , until my system gets used to the exertion. great thing is, after a few days of doing this, i was expecting to be sore, but have lost a few aches and pains in my legs and am feeling a little looser. awesome!
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 06-26-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    tcseacliff, dude - you ARE sprinting. sprinting =/= running. sprinting = go all out as hard as you can and collapse. this is a sprint workout you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananabonobo View Post
    tcseacliff, dude - you ARE sprinting. sprinting =/= running. sprinting = go all out as hard as you can and collapse. this is a sprint workout you are doing.

this is so much better than the sprint. I seem to be getting the benefits, but very low impact, i am psyched! when I did a sprint, i screwed up my knee,itb band, and hip. now , i am getting a full body workout,( and boy, it is full body), but not the pounding on my knees and joints. so far it is fantastic.

I discovered my getting that winded was, as I was pulling the tire, I was also, pumping my arms, that was too taxing now I separated the two, and the workout is more manageable. this may be the missing link to my primal existence.!!

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    I think you're missing his point about sprinting. What you did isn't better than sprinting it is sprinting. Sprinting isn't just running as fast as you can. Max effort for short intervals is sprinting.

how am i missing the point? I get sprinting NOW! I do see the corollary, and for me this IS BETTER! I am getting the benefits of sprinting, but not the high impact on my knees and hips, I don't know about you, but for me , this is a HUGE win/win. I am sprinting without sprinting! how sweet is that? i have avoided this for the longest time, but now am getting a great workout with all the control i need ! maybe , at this rate . I will do a REAl sprint one day!

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    Never mind, it's just semantics. Your definition of sprinting = running. You can sprint on a bike, in a rower, swimming, dragging a sled, etc. Sprinting doesn't mean you are running. Sprinting = max effort that you can't sustain for long periods.

What you described is sprinting.

jesssa is offline Member
    that IS a "real" sprint. today I did sprinting as well; as fast as I could on my bike up a hill, then coasted down, caught my breath and did it again a cpl times until I could do no more. it's all sprinting, and it' all REAL sprinting
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast