Thread: Blah...where did THAT come from? page

isbolick is offline Member

Blah...where did THAT come from?

I have felt so blah all day. Tired and a little grouchy and just not quite 'here'. I have been feeling so awesome this past week, then today I took a two hour nap after lunch. I have been logging my food since I started this and while I did eat a few more carbs yesterday than previously, it wasn't that drastic. Or I didn't think it was. I had been staying right around 50 gms of carbs since I am trying to lose and yesterday I had 75 (that extra damn apple!!). Then this morning I was crave-y and my husband bought me grapes. They were really good grapes, too, but I know grapes are high sugar. Could that be enough to make me feel icky today??

Cause I am thinking it might. I just ate a huge grass fed steak burger and I already feel better. Is this just my imagination??

Leida is offline Senior Member
    No, I react to natural sugar in fruit that way (and any other sugar). I experience energy highs and lows, and my appetite goes out of whack. I am not sensitive to starches, so when i feel cravy, I turn to rutabagas, turnips and radishes. Or try to. Fruit still is a landmine for my tentative grip on keeping sugar under control.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Same here. I love berries and bananas, but they slow my weight loss, cause sugar cravings and make fasting a lot more difficult. Starches don't have the same effect, although I rarely eat a full serving of anything starchy.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Last week DH bought me some nectarines. They tasted great and I had several that day and the following day. Felt tired and bloated and had cravings after that. Seems that I am sensitive to too much fruit!

isbolick is offline Member
    Ok, this is really good to know. I also gained back a pound this morning. I know, weight fluctuations are normal, but all these symptoms seem to come right when I over ate fruit for a couple of days, so I am limiting fruit strictly for awhile. Thanks for the replies. I thought it might be the fruit, but couldn't decided if that was my imagination.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Ok. I don't really know. I just wanted to use my kick-ass picture again!
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal