Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding ring finger syndrome page

ajwhite is offline Junior Member

Wedding ring finger syndrome

Shop Now
    Hi

I guess my first post should be to introduce myself - but hope to get around to that later! Suffice to say, love the site, the book, and have lost around 9kg already (6 weeks), and gained other health benefits.

The biggest demonstration for me of the power of paleo / primal, was not inches around my waist, but millimeters around my wedding ring finger. Sounds strange, but let me explain!

I went from 95kg to 86kg over a 18 month period, trying to eat healthier and organic, smaller portion sizes, and avoiding processed stuff and 'sweet treats'. But i plateaued at 86kg. When i started PB, i went from 86kg to 77kg in 6 weeks, with no calorie counting (in fact i was eating like a horse).

One day in work, I bent over to pick something up, and my wedding ring fell off my finger! In fact, i could almost move it up and down without touching the skin. Immediately I recalled that when i got married 7 years ago, i was less weight than today (about 75kg then). But the wedding band was always tight. In fact in hot weather it was uncomfortable!

This was my Eureka Moment - there is definitely something to this primal malarkey!

Clear demonstration that the pasta and breads and other stuff - despite me thinking they were healthy - were causing bloatedness and inflammation. After all, lots of diets and lifestyles can cause weight loss in terms of inches on the waist - but THIS was clear proof of deeper changes.

Have any of you experienced something similar? i find it so bizarre that my fingers can have so drastically altered in 6 weeks...

Or do you have a similar Eureka Moment?
    Last edited by ajwhite; 06-25-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, my ring fell off twice before I switched to a cheap silver ring. Waiting out the next year, will resize it when I'm sure I'm done shrinking.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My engagement ring is half a size smaller than my wedding band. It quite literally holds my wedding band on, since my wedding band can't be resized (tungsten carbide.)
    My eureka moment was damn near losing a pair of shoes walking up the stairs at work because my feet have shrunk (not exactly wonderful when you were a size 6 normal and went a size 5.5-6 narrow.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    My wedding band slipped off my finger in October, after two months of being primal. Unfortunately, I had no idea when it slipped off, and I couldn't find it. Finally got a replacement wedding band in February.

And...found the original band in March. (It had slipped off when I was cleaning in my son's bedroom. Found it when I did my quarterly What's Under This Pile Of Stuff? cleanup in his room.)

So now I have two wedding rings!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    What also makes the ring come off is that you become hotter to the point that you can do better than your spouse, so you move on.

Motorhead is offline Member
    I know what you mean! My extremities seem to be much leaner than on previous diets and at a lower total body weight. I also have more veins showing on my arms and legs. Still have some of the fat, but it's on the typical tough spots. I think it has something to do with reduced inflammation and being lower carb (less bloating).
    SW on 10/1/11: 380lbs.
    CW 12/13/12: 315lbs. (Was under 300#, added some muscle :-) )
    GW: 10% B.F. 250lbs. - 275lbs. (6' 4" tall)

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Omg

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

haha, sarcasm of course!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i thought this was going to be about getting hit on by singles in bars because you are wearing a wedding band and considered "safe." lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

PrimalCon New York
    haha, sarcasm of course! But with a grain of truth in some cases I am sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast