Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding ring finger syndrome page 2

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've already resized my wedding ring down a band. And I think I need to do it again (I can fit a pen between the ring and my finger). But I want to wait a little bit more.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I just wrote in my journal that today, for the first time in many years, I'm actually wearing my wedding and engagement rings. They've been too tight to fit until now! It's not all about fat loss, either - I lose very slowly. It's been about losing the puffiness. I'm so damned happy today - and it's fun to write about it twice
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    My ring was too big when I originally got it. I've been surprised it hasn't become even looser than when I first got it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    What also makes the ring come off is that you become hotter to the point that you can do better than your spouse, so you move on.
    unless you're both into it together ; )

but yes made me laugh!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    What also makes the ring come off is that you become hotter to the point that you can do better than your spouse, so you move on.
    Dude. Yes.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    One of my goals was to be able to wear one. Been married for almost 2 decades but haven't been able to wear my ring for a long time. Then we had a house fire and I lost it anyways. So one of my goals is to get a shiny new set
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Mine literally fell off when I was putting something in the garbage. Fortunately I heard it hit. Not only would I have issues with my wife, but my mother and grandma as well since it was my grandfathers wedding ring. It's been sitting in my drawer since last October because I don't want to have it resized yet.

fingel is offline Junior Member
    Yes, last year I was playing ball in a hotel green area while on vacation with my kids. I threw my hand out to the left to catch an errant throw, when off popped my ring. We scoured that grass until it got dark and couldn't see any more. I had 15 other guests, who stopped to ask what I was doing on my hands and knees in the grass, down with me looking. No body found it. The next day I went back out to play ball with my kids when I saw a gold glint in the sunlight 20 yards away from where I was standing. I yelled to my son, don't move, and ran over to where he was standing and there was my ring, propped up on a little tuft of grass like it was waiting for me to find it all along. Now I make sure to take if off, tape it on, or wear a glove if I'm going to participate in sports.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Same here.

What I've also noticed, I now have veins on my body that I didn't know existed.
    The blood veins on my hands can expand to a scary huge size!

This means that all of my veins throughout my entire body are able to shrink/expand like this...very awesome, especially for the heart.

ajwhite is offline Junior Member
    Glad to hear my experience is a common one! to think that most of my life, i had inflammation of the fingers (and elsewhere), even when i was at a 'healthy weight'.

Only now - at 37 - are my hands finally looking like nature intended... a very odd realisation!

So true! Nothing to worry about in my case however - i have been trying to make up for the ugliness deficit with my beautiful wife since the day I met her! still a long way to go!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast