Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more weight loss page 2

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My problem with the whole "detox" thing is no one ever says what toxins specifically are being excreted by the body. Also, but no less important, the word "toxin" itself is loaded. It sets up the gullible to start seeing their bodies as polluted, which can lead to a lot of stress through obsession with being "clean."

I was borderline obese for 10 years, overweight for over 20. When I tried Whole 30, I never had any signs of "detox," and I was eating crap just as unhealthy as anyone else for all those years. I also did a water fast for 8 days at one point and noticed nothing strange.

The dairy thing makes me think that yes, something in dairy is an allergen for you, and your body had built up all those loogies and mucus in defense against it, to discharge them when it saw that the allergen was removed. Maybe your body isn't "detoxifying" itself, it's just getting rid of mucus that it doesn't need. Likewise, I've heard lots of anecdotal evidence that fiber bungs up your bowels. Remove that fiber and whoosh. Oils and junk? Probably related to the mucus; things the body made to defend itself, which it no longer needs.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

kmodell is offline Member
    yes and yes. I eat a banana every day and sweet potatoes every week. I'm Paleo - not Primal so regular potatoes are out.

kmodell is offline Member
    I already eat a lot of Paleo friendly carbs, protein and fats. I have MS but I try to use a cross training machine daily. Still, I lose weight.

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    Do you do okay with dairy? I know you say you are Paleo so have cut it out entirely but adding some quality raw cheese or homemade full fat greek-style yogurt from grass fed milk may help. Grass fed butter also. Add it to your coffee. Start adding oils/fats to all veggies, cook your meat in fat. Consider eating regular potatoes with the skins removed. I slice the red skins we get in our produce box and fry them in bacon fat for my kids. I hear they are fantastic. My kids also eat potato chips fried in avocado oil:
    http://www.amazon.com/Good-Health-Av...1154564&sr=1-8

also, dried fruit. Dates and cherries typically don't have any sugar or crap oils added to them. (I buy at Trader Joes)

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmodell View Post
    yes and yes. I eat a banana every day and sweet potatoes every week. I'm Paleo - not Primal so regular potatoes are out.
    What's wrong with potatoes?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    What's wrong with potatoes?
    Potatoes are a neolithic food and are very high in solanine which is a chemical that people with autoimmune diseases can react very badly to.

That said, sweet potatoes are fine.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12