Thread: diarrhea page

WezAz is offline Junior Member

diarrhea

Primal Fuel
    Is the protein drink causing my diarrhea, or maybe the coconut cream? I've been on a low carb diet for over a year but since reading this blog have started adding more recommended fat to my diet and slightly larger portions of animal products, 5 to 6 oz instead of 3 1/2 to 4 oz. Any ideas?

Guster is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WezAz View Post
    Is the protein drink causing my diarrhea, or maybe the coconut cream? I've been on a low carb diet for over a year but since reading this blog have started adding more recommended fat to my diet and slightly larger portions of animal products, 5 to 6 oz instead of 3 1/2 to 4 oz. Any ideas?
    Whats in your protein drink? I know that when I go 'off track' or cheat I usually pay for it the next morning.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Why do you think it's just those things? Are those the *only* aspects of your diet that have changed?

Coconut has a larger amount of monounsaturated fat, which can cause diarrhea and stomach upset if you are not accustomed to it. Try less or cut it out for a little while to see if it improves.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

WezAz is offline Junior Member
    It is the one Mark is selling

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    are you sure it's not a stomach bug? if so, then eliminate any new foods. add each one back, one at a time, and see what happens.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Beefy is offline Member
    It may just be the extra fat in your diet. When I first started going full primal I upped my fat intake drastically... Too high too fast. My body needed time to adjust and produce more bile. Had the runs for about a week and then things evened out.

I can pretty much still induce loose bowels if I really suck down too much fat in one sitting (sorry, probably TMI). I've read of too much coconut oil having the same effect on some other forum posters.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    my money is on the coconut