Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do I lose my freaking mind on the weekend? (Long, whiny) page 2

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I learned this trick long time ago: I do what I want to do at all times. I do not try to get the boyfriend to do what I want to do. I say, I'm going to xyz, would you like to come, and then I go whether he comes or not. He'll say let's go do xyz and if I want to do it I will and if I don't, I won't. That way we do stuff together that we both want to do. Sometimes I just say I'm going to go do xyz and then I don't ask him to come. I like my time to myself. And I like it when he does the same. Then the house is all mine.

When it comes to food and drink, I eat and drink what I like and don't worry about what others are doing. If they want margaritas and chips and I don't, I just order the stuff I like. If I have to eat guacamole with a spoon, I will do it.
    Well spoken, well said!

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Shbikes is my voice of reason. I just wait until she comes around a thread and then add a
    +1

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Drinking alcohol tends to make me binge. I get unbelievable cravings for sweets. Therefore, I have to keep the drinking to a minimum, or use extreme self-control after I drink. Both are tough to do.

Vodka and soda with a squirt of citrus is our new favorite drink. Minimal hangover!

Kariberry is offline Member
    I second the doing/eating/drinking what you want at all times. I also think for me, I had to change the way I was "rewarding" myself - I decided eating a bunch of crappy food, not getting enough sleep and drinking to excess on the weekends is not a reward, it's a punishment. It's all about the mindset.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12