Thread: Primal homepathic help for food poisoning / 24 hour stomach bug / etc? page

FriedBob is offline Junior Member

Question Primal homepathic help for food poisoning / 24 hour stomach bug / etc?

Shop Now
    CW folk lore would have me sipping on 7 Up or Sprite & nibbling saltines, or some canned chicken noodle soup.

What would the corresponding primal aide/cure be for nausea, diarrhea and vomiting?

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Activated Charcoal (Is it primal?)
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

primalhorsewoman is offline Junior Member
    Broth (beef, chicken, bone...) - there's a REASON chicken soup is considered the cure for what ails you: chicken, collagen, protein, electrolytes, vitamins... yum...

Or, you may need to just not eat anything until your body heals itself.

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdjesson View Post
    Activated Charcoal (Is it primal?)

+1
    Activated Charcoal should be primal friendly as it is simply burnt coconut shells. It works by Adsorption. Which means it draws chemicals and toxins to its surface and since it is not digested it pulls them out of the body without causing any damage to organs or other tissue. It is what hospitals use for ingestion of poisons and other chemicals.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

FriedBob is offline Junior Member
    I think I have some (homemade) beef broth/stock in the freezer I made last time I fixed a roast.

I haven't eaten in close to 24 hours, but as I am starting to feel hungry, it's probably getting close to time to eat again.

Thank you all.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Grated apple and mashed banana?

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    Ginger tea

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Do you honestly mean homeopathic? Or do you mean natural? Because homeopathy would be tap water that someone tells you has the cure for the common cold in it. Just want to keep our terminology straight.

Yeah, have some primal chicken soup. The sodium, hydration, vegetables and protein are important for you right now. And the overall meal is gentle and comforting.
    Last edited by carlh; 06-25-2012 at 12:00 PM.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Do you honestly mean homeopathic? Or do you mean natural? Because homeopathy would be tap water that someone tells you has the cure for the common cold in it. Just want to keep our terminology straight.
    lol -- yes, beat me to it.

are you keeping water down? ginger tea? yeah, some bone broth would be the next step, then maybe some soft-boiled or scrambled eggs. easy on the fat for now.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Once the bone broth is staying down, perhaps a nice baked apple would be good. I would then work up to scrambled egg, sweet potato, etc.