Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to wake up refreshed in the morning? page

RAlex is offline Junior Member

How to wake up refreshed in the morning?

Hello.

Some quick stats : I'm 18, full primal except some diary and potatoes, don't drink alcohol,training convict conditioning 4days/week + the fives rites of rejuvenation daily.

I'm having some problems with my sleep. I always feel shitty waking up. There were only a few days in my life when I felt good waking up. All refreshed and fully rested. That's how I want to feel every day.

I meditate daily 10mins after waking up and 20mins before bed, no electronics lights etc 30min before bed. I have no major problems falling asleep. Usually I drop dead.

I go to sleep at 22:30 pm and wake up at around 7. I've tried using Sleepyti.me but doesn't seem to do much.

I sleep in a dark room, no noise, fresh air.

Any ideas ? If you need any other information I'd be glad to provide it. Thank you.
    Last edited by RAlex; 06-25-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    You seem to be doing everything right, so you may need to look at changing your bed, pillows, duvet, PJs etc.

Some people like sleeping on the floor, a thin sleeping mat, others like 12" of memory foam topped by a 6" duck down topper. Change things up and see if that helps.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    The 4 days a week just may be too much and you aren't recovering fully between the workouts. Once a deficit takes place, you can then dig an even deeper hole. This would explain feeling shitty every morning. Remember that exercise is only the stimulus and that recovery and adaptation must take place before training again for not only best results, but to feel your best by avoiding overtraining.

Try training twice a week and maybe one HIIT session every 7-10 days. It can't hurt. You will NOT regress or lose strength etc. The upside is that you may very likely do even better and most importantly feel much better. If you aren't feeling great almost everyday, something is amiss and doing the same thing isn't going to suddenly work.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    The last meal I eat in the evening (and the time) has a huge impact on how I sleep. What do you generally consume as your last meal?

@Forever Young : I used to hit the gym 3days/week with no problems. And that was weight training.
    Convict conditioning is fully bodyweight. Also last 2 days are pretty easy, one with bridges & handstands(pushups soon) one with planks/l-sits.
    Somehow I feel like I shoudn't have any problems with recovering.

@YogaBare : My last meal consists of fish (mackrel/sardines) and some leftover vegetables. This is what I'm used to, best option around I think. I've tried changing the time too, didn't seem to do much.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Coconut oil might help.

I'd eat that all day long but can't. Waaaay too expensive and hard to get here. Eating old coconuts sometimes.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Try going to bed earlier. Some people need more sleep than others.

Some morning I wake up earlier than others but it's a rare day that I wake up feeling like jumping out of bed and hitting the ground running. I need a gradual intro to my day. Some of us are not morning people no matter how much sleep we get.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Dude, you're 18. Sleep more. When I was your age I was unconscious 12 hours a night.
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was in the same boat as you a few years ago. I read an article about REM timing and it suggested changing your wakeup time rather than the time you go to bed. I went from waking up at 7AM, and feeling like utter ass, to waking up at 6:15 and have no problems.

Has something to do with how deep you are sleeping when you are woken up. If, for instance, you are in stage 3 or 4 sleep when your alarm goes off, your body wants to stay asleep. But, if you are in a lighter sleep, then it isn't so bad.

May or may not work for you, but it did a lot for me and now I have an extra'ish 45 minutes in my day.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast