Thread: Raw Dairy - How much??? page

JVAMan is offline Member

Raw Dairy - How much???

Primal Fuel
    I live in VA so it's hard for me to get raw milk, but I've recently discovered a few nearby sources of fresh raw cheese through a farmer's market & my CSA. How much is an acceptable daily serving to receive the supposed health benefits of this stuff???

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JVAMan View Post
    How much is an acceptable daily serving to receive the supposed health benefits of this stuff???
    Depends what health benefits you're hoping to obtain, I guess.

Is it a dose of friendly bacteria?

Or the glutathione?

With the Wave of a Wand, Raw Milk Wipes Away the Wheeze: How Our Good Friend Glutathione Protects Against Asthma | Mother Nature Obeyed - Weston A Price Foundation

I don't know that there is, or could be, a definitive answer to that. Maybe a glass or two a day, providing you're not sensitive to it.

Mark's Definitive Guide to Dairy:

The Definitive Guide to Dairy | Mark's Daily Apple

zizou is offline Senior Member
    I thought i'd post in here, i want raw goat yoghurt/cream and this is closest thing i can find around my woods (Australia, Melbourne) Alpine Natural Goats Milk Yoghurt 200gm

It says ingrediants: whole goats milk. Could i assume this hasn't been pasteurized/homogenized or just homogenized?

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Where do you live in VA? I live there too, and there are multiple farms nearby where we get raw milk...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    I thought i'd post in here, i want raw goat yoghurt/cream and this is closest thing i can find around my woods (Australia, Melbourne) Alpine Natural Goats Milk Yoghurt 200gm

It says ingrediants: whole goats milk. Could i assume this hasn't been pasteurized/homogenized or just homogenized?
    I don't know what the labeling regulations are down under but here if it is pasteurized, it has to say so. Goat milk doesn't separate the way cow milk does with the cream rising so it doesn't need to be homogenized.

JVAMan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    Where do you live in VA? I live there too, and there are multiple farms nearby where we get raw milk...
    I live in Arlington. The raw milk thing is mostly laziness on my part, I'm sure I could find somewhere "close" but I really don't feel like driving 30-45 minutes each way around this area just to get some milk, despite how good it may be.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    I wish I only had to drive 30 to 45 minutes for my raw milk! Get unlazy about it. It's delicious!

JVAMan is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    I wish I only had to drive 30 to 45 minutes for my raw milk! Get unlazy about it. It's delicious!
    Haha, that's just a guess. That's about the shortest amount of time it takes to drive to anything resembling "farm country" around here. I don't know any specific locations where I could get it from, it may be further out.