Thread: Droopy Face page

primal_newbie is offline Junior Member

Droopy Face

Primal Fuel
    I've noticed that my face droops in a few areas. I'm 26, so it seems surprising. Specifically, my right eyebrow hangs down over my eye: I have to raise my eyebrows if I want to have a full range of vision. My eyebrows crease together in the center, making me look kind of frowny.

I've also noticed that I can only partially move my left lower eyelid.

This has been going on for a while. Anyone have experience with a drooping face, and reverse it primally?

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Possibly something like Bell's palsy, but this is one of those situations when I'd consult a doctor, not an internet message board. Drooping/paralysis like that is not something to mess around with.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Possibly something like Bell's palsy, but this is one of those situations when I'd consult a doctor, not an internet message board. Drooping/paralysis like that is not something to mess around with.
    +1
    My first though went to Bell's as well having had a close friend who had it years ago...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Yep - this is one for an actual medical doctor. It can be caused by a few things - some of which can be serious.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Yep - this is one for an actual medical doctor. It can be caused by a few things - some of which can be serious.
    What she said.

primal_newbie is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I'm going to see one this week and will ask about it. Just wanted to see what others had to say.

I've heard of Bell's, but it sounds different. I hear that strikes fast, and has much bigger effects than what I see.

I'll update here based on what the doctor says.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My mom has this...Myasthenia Gravis.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes