Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Julie's Journal page

julie43 is offline Junior Member

Julie's Journal

Primal Fuel
    Hi my name is Julie, and I am a very fat sick person. I may tell you how I got here in the future, but right now what is the most important thing is what I am learning here. I have type II diabetes and have to give myself shots twice a day. I have a blown knee I cant get fixed due to severe psoriasis, my diabetes and my weight. I also have a bad back. If my life doesn't change I will probably die.

I have been trying for the last year to get my diabetes under control and lose weight. I have lost from 385 to 328 by CW of cutting calories, my diabetes has been better but was having trouble getting my food right so that my sugar (which started in the 300 350 range) only got down to the 150-160 range. and of course I still feel like crap. I take 80 units of insulin twice a day.

About three weeks ago, I found this web-site and started reading. I started to see how it all works, and the success stories are so encouraging. I have started eating primal as a noob one week ago- and I will check my weight in the morning. Also for the first time since diagnosis- my blood sugar has been under 120 all week- 115-100 in the morning and 80-110 at 4pm, 110 at night.

My biggest problem seems to be portions, I am a big eater and I do love meat. After being meat deprived I did go overboard a bit Saturday. I forgot I had grilled chicken and broccolli and a little coleslaw for lunch and I had a big steak and salad for supper. That is the only day I ate out for lunch. I have been having a protein shake with my insulin in the morning, no soy or sugar (atkins) big ass salad for lunch with olive oil and vinegar. Dill Pickles for a snack. and meat of some kind and three veggies for supper. Typically squash and fresh green beans and broccolli or similar. Today I had brussel sprouts and baby green squash sauteed in 2 tsp bacon grease, and a tomato, onion,and spring salad mix with just red wine vinegar.

Please, can you tell me what kind of salad dressing is good? I saw they are all made with soybean oil, anyone have a good recipe for a tasty one?

Is it okay to use equal?

Julie

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    Hi Julie! I just want to say "hi" from another newb! I've been eating primally since June 18th. I have no great Primal wisdom to share with you since I'm so new and curious myself, but I have heard that oil and vinegar is a good way to go for salad dressings. I'm wishing you a great deal of health and success and I'll be following along with your journal!
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

hi- nice to meet you

I lost four pounds when I weighed in today down to 324!!

Fried turkey bacon in the pan with some pork bacon for my scrambled eggs for luch tomorrow!!! YAYYY primal food!!

Nice to meet you as well! Yaaay for the four pounds down!

Eat primally.
    Don't weigh myself.

today I had the same lunch, a bit of turkey bacon and 3 scrambled eggs cooked in bacon (pork) drippings and a cucumber. Supper will be ground beef with hot sauce and a tomato and lettuce salad with vinegar and a spoon of bacon fat. watermelon for dessert.

I am so excited by the food...todays lunch was a big lettuce and field green salad with half of a tomato and gorgonzola cheese, with a bacon dripping/vinegar dressing. Extra bacon in the salad. I just cant believe I can have something that tastes so good. I read a post here that said every time I get sad because I gave up icecream, I think of 1. hope- something I have not had for a very long time and 2. bacon!
    I have a exercise bike I will be using very soon, I think it wont hurt my knee too much and its a start in the moving department.

Hope and bacon! That sounds like the title of a book. =)

Eat primally.
    Don't weigh myself.

Okay- I have spent the past couple of days reading many,many posts and links. I think I have all the symptoms of someone who needs a 'Leptin reset' and I just spent the better part of a day on Dr Kruse's blog learning about the reset. In the morning I will eat my first BAB and see how it goes.
    Last edited by julie43; 07-01-2012 at 11:24 AM.

There is so much information, I am a bit overwhelmed. I understand the basic principles of VLC paleo eating, I kind of understand the Leptin reset. Today started with 6 oz of baked tuna-81 grams of protein and a protein drink -15 grams. The marker was minimum of 50 and more if your very obese- as I am. I hope this is okay- I cooked the tuna with a rub of coconut oil and pepper.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast