Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Julie's Journal page 2

julie43 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    okay- well weigh in yesterday- I lost a half of a pound-which is okay I reckon, but I worry I am eating too much. I have another issue- I am not real 'regular' in fact it feels like I have a brick in my stomach after breakfast in the morning too. I have been eating fairly low carb for about 6 months trying to get my bloodsugar under control, not losing much- maybe 10 lbs.
    I only had to give up 2 pieces of toast in the morning and corn and beans,and switching my fats to good ones. Now for the next 31 days I am doing the leptin reset - I spent last weekend reading about it on Dr Kruses website, and I figured might as well go for it- I have not been hungry since I ate the first 50 grams of protein for breakfast.... I am eating just salad at lunch, and a regular primal dinner- just no fruit for now.
    Last edited by julie43; 07-04-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: changed a number

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I would highly suggest you read The Primal Blueprint. Getting all your information from just the forums can be very confusing and contradictory.
    The longer you eat this way the less food you will consume naturally because you will feel satisfied and not be looking for more food to eat.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Thanks Honeybuns- I got it today finally.

Well, I am still eating healthier then I was, had some crustless pizza for lunch and a small salad, bacon/sausage for breakfast, and I am having a bag of broccolli and cauliflower for supper and some ground pork cooked in bacon fat. I have decided to quit jumping on and off the scale for this month, I am not going to worry about it. Just spend this month finding what foods make me happy. Probably part of my issue is my love of food- people tell me I have to let it go- but I do not want to. I firmly believe I can love healthy food as much,if not more then pie and ice cream.
    I found baby squash this week- they are good!! and I have been frying my brussel sprouts in bacon fat and hitting them with a splash of vinegar. wow.

still plugging away and reading.
    Today I had one egg for breaakfast and one sausage with an atkins protein shake
    lunch was a sausage a small salad and 1/2 cup of guacamole
    supper- three sausages(i'll be glad when they are gone) salad, cherries and broccolli

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I spent the first few months dialing in the foods and not worrying about portions, IF or any of that other stuff. Once you are comfortable with the different things you can eat, then you can start tweaking. It does sound like you are off to a great start!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Hi Julie!
    I agree with what honeybuns said. Focus right now on how foods make you feel.
    For example, I was such a coffee-holic. Ok, not really, but I had a cup in the morning, sometimes 2 if I went to the coffee shop and got a large. After a while, I started to notice that the days I had coffee, I was crankier and easier to anger. So I stopped drinking it. I haven't had a cup of coffee in a long time. I'm trying tea now. Its more subtle and I feel better, plus its more hydrating. The humid wisconsin summers are killer on me for dehydration.
    I've noticed other changes like this too. Yogurt and honey is another example. Full fat Fage and raspberries drizzled with honey is the best damned desert ever. But I get headaches, tired, moody almost instantly. I've learned that this happens most when I combine sugar and dairy. As much as I love it, no more ice cream. It sounds awful but really..its isn't that bad. Once you realize how shitty it makes you feel, its not so good anymore. Even thinking about it now, all I can picture is a snapping, crabby me on the couch, bloated and uphappy because I ate some ice cream. Ug. The same thing goes for bread. I don't like the taste of wheat anymore. I used to love dark, thick nutty breads but now, all I taste is bitterness. Kind of like brushing your teeth and then eating an orange. Blech. It was a shock when I tried bread for the first time in a while, I kept thinking "what the hell is that weird taste?" and then I figured it out. Pretty cool! See also: conventional chocolate. Tastes like plastic and that's REALLY gross.
    I also love food. LOVE food. I love flavors and textures and smells. Its glorious. My favorite thing is being really hungry, then hunkering down to a baked japanese sweet potato with a saute of chopped bacon, onions, peppers and mushrooms, topped with tons of butter, salt and pepper and 3 runny eggs. That is probably my favorite meal ever. I'm drooling..

Thanks for the encouragement!! I have been experiencing ...bone crushing exhaustion the last two days- I went to bed three hours early last night. I dont know why, I seem to remeber reading something about tiredness saying, it too , will pass.

I found cocconut manna- omg that is the best tasting stuff- it is wayyyyy better then I thought it would be! I eat a lot of chicken and have been not getting enough fat- that is an excellent supplement!!!

I am still here- still reading. I added riding my stationary bike at a fairly leisuely pace, first day I went 1.5 miles , today 2 miles. It isn't much, but better then nothing. I cant walk without crutches, and even with not too far , so I hope this helps me get some strength back. Moving is a start. Food is doing fine- 35 gram of portein for breakfast and a big salad with olives, and bacon for lunch. Some form of meat and all the vegetables I want for supper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast