Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Calling any recovered EDs - I need som help with binge-fast-binge cycle page 9

dragonjax is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    I hear you. The scales can never be helpful, weight gain means failure, the same means I'm not doing enough and a loss means I've more work to do. My immediate response when I saw my 1kg gain was that I need to stop breakfast again IMMEDIATELY. And then I'd start binging again from hunger. It's scary.

Hmmmm....coffee....I'm off too. I'm having breakfast in your yesterday.
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday...

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday...
    Now I need a coffee to work that one out.

Hee.

One of the most difficult things I'm finding is this: after eating certain foods -- usually, those that are sweeter -- when I'm done with a serving, my immediate reaction is MORE PLEASE. I've been careful not to act on that MORE PLEASE this week; instead, I've been noting it (and then ignoring it). I wonder if part of binging can be attributed to certain addictive foods? Maybe it's not 100% in our heads, but part of it really can come down to how our bodies process certain foods?

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Hee.

One of the most difficult things I'm finding is this: after eating certain foods -- usually, those that are sweeter -- when I'm done with a serving, my immediate reaction is MORE PLEASE. I've been careful not to act on that MORE PLEASE this week; instead, I've been noting it (and then ignoring it). I wonder if part of binging can be attributed to certain addictive foods? Maybe it's not 100% in our heads, but part of it really can come down to how our bodies process certain foods?
    I've had this my entire life. No matter how much I eat, when I'm done I'm automatically walking to the fridge again. What helps me is to eat a smaller amount first, so I can go to the fridge again to get more food without calling it "binging"
    well then

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I've had this my entire life. No matter how much I eat, when I'm done I'm automatically walking to the fridge again. What helps me is to eat a smaller amount first, so I can go to the fridge again to get more food without calling it "binging"
    **nods** That's a good tactic. This week, I've been distracting myself, so once I get that MORE PLEASE feeling, I start doing something else. That helps me ignore the impulse to gorge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Last night I was struck by The Hunger. All down to not eating any red meat yesterday (an accident of household mismanagement!) and waited and waited for it to go. I made a snack in a bowl of some chicken breast, capsicum and mayonaise. And guess what...? It stopped me being hungry. Amazing. If I take something from the fridge outside a designated meat time I need to put it in a bowl or on a plate and treat is as nourishment rather than comfort.

I did however go into a craving for porridge (a binge food) and was almost in tears over it. But I didn't succumb, and that is progress.

I did however go into a craving for porridge (a binge food) and was almost in tears over it. But I didn't succumb, and that is progress.
    You rock, Dexy.

Today was a bad day. Apparently, ice cream is a trigger food. I'm going to have to lay down the law: we can't have ice cream in the house that I eat. Flavors I don't eat? No worries. Hopefully, my family will be cool about it. Hey, they have all their cookies and doughnuts and pretzels and chips here in the house, and I can handle it, so they should be fine about no ice cream.

Man, I really fucked up today. But that's okay. One day of binging doesn't define me. Tomorrow will be a better day.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member

Man, I really fucked up today. But that's okay. One day of binging doesn't define me. Tomorrow will be a better day.
    That's the spirit!

You rock, Dexy.

Today was a bad day. Apparently, ice cream is a trigger food. I'm going to have to lay down the law: we can't have ice cream in the house that I eat. Flavors I don't eat? No worries. Hopefully, my family will be cool about it. Hey, they have all their cookies and doughnuts and pretzels and chips here in the house, and I can handle it, so they should be fine about no ice cream.

So that's another trigger food identified! I'm grateful for small mercies, I don't like icecream. Yeah, get rid of it from the house.

Tell me, how is your mindset after a bad binge day? I admire your mindset, it doesn't define you at all, but so hard to get past self-flagellation zone.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tell me, how is your mindset after a bad binge day? I admire your mindset, it doesn't define you at all, but so hard to get past self-flagellation zone.
    It's fairly lousy at the moment -- still beating myself up, you know? But I'm doing my best to take a deep breath and focus on being healthy today, not lamenting over how I wasn't yesterday. I'm committing to going to CrossFit at noon, so that's something to look forward to. And I promised my sons pizza for dinner tonight, so this afternoon I'm going to be making a cauliflower-crust pizza for me while my family has the store-bought wheat variety. And I have fresh strawberries for a tasty treat.

How does it go? Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast