Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling any recovered EDs - I need som help with binge-fast-binge cycle page 8

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    off topic - Is that you in that picture? Every time I see it I wonder how the f*ck you do that
    Get use to threads going off topic...lol

And to go further off topic ...Yea that is me...flags are awesome. I can hold that for 30+ seconds each side now. There is a good progression in CC2 where you start by trying to hug the bar and feet dangling down. My goal is a full press flag but that is going to take a lot of time.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 06-29-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    I'm 3 weeks binge free and have lost over 10 pounds in that time...all while eating grains and some processed foods. I like to argue with people on the internet. The lifestyle I am living now, in the past 3 weeks, is working well, and as long as I stick with it I will lose all the weight I need.

I'm not trying to stop anyone from being primal, I just like to argue about it. If someone sees my posts and stops being primal, that is up to them.
    i hate to say it, but I've gone several months being binge free, but it has come back. Usually after life circumstances have changed - like getting into a new relationship, being in a job I really liked, or even reading some inspiring book that gave me a new perspective on ed.

In my experience there is only so far you can go with mind control. For me the crucial thing has been addressing the emotional roots of my addictive personality, and then cleaning up my diet, as I understand now that around half of eds are caused by food additions.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to share with anyone still in the thread that I've been eating A LOT to avoid binges. This is quite alarming for me and certainly the most I have ever eaten in my life in terms of 3 meals a day. No binge for about 5 or 6 days I think.

I ate 5 eggs and 2 sausages for breakfast, and I cannot tell you what weird thing this is for me. A few months ago i once ate a 5 egg frittata and cried myself to sleep that night. For lunch a whopping piece of turkey breast with loads of homemade mayonaise and salad, and tonight a steak and roasted root vegetables. And I still seem to be hungry, not sure what that's all about.

I weighed myself this morning and have put on a kilo, but at this stage that is meaningless I think. I am avoiding nuts and sweet things. I've only had a couple of pieces of fruit this week, normally i have two or 3 a day. Basically lots more meat and more eggs. Oh, and a while avocado in my salad every day. I don't want to know what my calorie intake must be at the moment, colossal.

I've been using some of the bits and pieces of advice on this thread and trusting that this can work for me as it has worked for some of you.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    I ate 5 eggs and 2 sausages for breakfast, and I cannot tell you what weird thing this is for me. A few months ago i once ate a 5 egg frittata and cried myself to sleep that night. For lunch a whopping piece of turkey breast with loads of homemade mayonaise and salad, and tonight a steak and roasted root vegetables. And I still seem to be hungry, not sure what that's all about.
    I find that my hunger is mental most of the time. I have set times where I eat meals (which helps me with not bingeing) and I find my hunger will come in waves. I will eat a meal, then a few hours later be "hungry" but if I don't give in and eat something I won't be hungry for another few hours when I'm supposed to eat my next meal.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    I find that my hunger is mental most of the time. I have set times where I eat meals (which helps me with not bingeing) and I find my hunger will come in waves. I will eat a meal, then a few hours later be "hungry" but if I don't give in and eat something I won't be hungry for another few hours when I'm supposed to eat my next meal.
    Yeah, I do get that limbic hunger sometimes and it's hard to differentiate between the two. But I've been really, really hungry a couple of hours after meals and have eaten a meat of egg snack (maybe 2 or 3 times in the lasty 4 days). I think my body can't quite believe it's getting enough food at last and is begging for more of the same.

It's so good not to feel hungry. Is this what life feels like? I can function again. I haven't felt any extreme stress or anxiety for the last 4 or 5 days, I've felt present with my children, I'm sleeping better. The obsession about food is diminishing as I know there's another good meal coming some time soon. Wow, I feel pretty good.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    It's amazing how much I still connect food with control. Or success. Or something. This morning, I got on the scale to find that I gained 0.3 pounds since yesterday. It doesn't matter that A) daily fluctuation of about two pounds is common, not to mention no big deal or B) I've been eating healthfully and mindfully in terms of portions and quality of food -- I saw that gain, and the first thing I thought was "I guess I should just have a doughnut." It's alarming and stupid. (I wound up having a large banana instead. And part of me is kicking myself for having the starchy fruit all by itself first thing in the morning, because THEREIN LIES DISASTER so I should just have some ice cream. Again, it's all DOOM, you know? The rest of me is telling myself to take a deep breath and go have a cup of coffee and stop panicking.)

Speaking of coffee...off I go...

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Great news Dexy! Being binge free is just stringing together a lot of those days in a row

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    It's amazing how much I still connect food with control. Or success. Or something. This morning, I got on the scale to find that I gained 0.3 pounds since yesterday. It doesn't matter that A) daily fluctuation of about two pounds is common, not to mention no big deal or B) I've been eating healthfully and mindfully in terms of portions and quality of food -- I saw that gain, and the first thing I thought was "I guess I should just have a doughnut." It's alarming and stupid. (I wound up having a large banana instead. And part of me is kicking myself for having the starchy fruit all by itself first thing in the morning, because THEREIN LIES DISASTER so I should just have some ice cream. Again, it's all DOOM, you know? The rest of me is telling myself to take a deep breath and go have a cup of coffee and stop panicking.)

Speaking of coffee...off I go...
    I hear you. The scales can never be helpful, weight gain means failure, the same means I'm not doing enough and a loss means I've more work to do. My immediate response when I saw my 1kg gain was that I need to stop breakfast again IMMEDIATELY. And then I'd start binging again from hunger. It's scary.

Hmmmm....coffee....I'm off too. I'm having breakfast in your yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Great news Dexy! Being binge free is just stringing together a lot of those days in a row
    It is isn't it! Thanks.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Dexy, it's exciting reading how you're eating real food & good portions and that it's working for you. It's SO nice to read!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast