Thread: Craving Soda...What Gives page

docpearce is offline Member

Craving Soda...What Gives

Primal Fuel
    I haven't been a soda drinker in 15 years. Usually had one once or twice per month when my wife and I would go to a movie. Since we have a 10 month old, that's gone to one every month or two. However, over the last 2-3 weeks after playing basketball or lifting hard, I just get the most intense cravings for a cherry coke. What gives? Wondering if my carbs are too low

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    you could try drinking some coconut water when you get those cravings. Good electrolytes and if it's a sweet tooth thing, it'll cure that too.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Green tea with a little stevia and the juice of one lime cured me from craving soda.
    I have in the past dropped everything I was doing and made a grocery run just for diet Pepsi.
    It's a very strong craving.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Probably a sugar craving mixed with a little dehydration. You could try kombucha as a substitute or try eating an orange or some type of fruit.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

rayout is offline Senior Member
    Might be craving some electrolytes (there is a decent amount of salt in most colas). Coconut milk/water would be good options.