Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: how do you space your vitamin intake? page 5

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    No good links - but good enough for me to give it a try. Those things are brutal.
    Thanks! I'm slowly converting him, but it's taking a long time. The last one he passed was about the size of a grain of rice.

No, seriously.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    The top 2 sources of k2 are dairy (cheese and butter). Are you strict primal? If so you should consider supplementation.
    Primal has no quarrel with dairy. Strict paleo does and I think that's silly. I like the fact that Mark leaves things like dairy and nightshades up to the individual to decide instead of draconian prohibitions.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Primal has no quarrel with dairy. Strict paleo does and I think that's silly. I like the fact that Mark leaves things like dairy and nightshades up to the individual to decide instead of draconian prohibitions.
    Mark's loosening up on that and I think that's to his credit. However, I would disagree that primal has had no quarrel with dairy in the past.

I agree that it's silly where strict paleo is concerned.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Paleobird Guest
    January, 2010 : Mark's Definitive Guide to Dairy : The Definitive Guide to Dairy | Mark's Daily Apple

I think forum "wisdom" may have had a beef with dairy but Mark has always been agnostic about it.

Passing up such a good source of K2 is silly. A cheese omelet cooked in butter is your K2 right there. Tastier than a supplement pill too.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I've read primal blueprint and it's obvious from that that Mark was not agnostic.

Still, I appreciate his open mind.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    January, 2010 : Mark's Definitive Guide to Dairy : The Definitive Guide to Dairy | Mark's Daily Apple

I think forum "wisdom" may have had a beef with dairy but Mark has always been agnostic about it.

Passing up such a good source of K2 is silly. A cheese omelet cooked in butter is your K2 right there. Tastier than a supplement pill too.
    I'm not anti-dairy for everyone, but that definitive guide is not really a ringing endorsement. He just says he is not sure about it and that raw dairy is probably best.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I'm not anti-dairy for everyone, but that definitive guide is not really a ringing endorsement. He just says he is not sure about it and that raw dairy is probably best.
    I didn't say it was a ringing endorsement. That's why I used the term agnostic.
    For me, dairy works great as long as it is A2, raw A1, or fermented. Everything else gives me stuffed up sinuses. Someone else might be perfectly fine with lots of all kinds of dairy. Someone else might have serious digestive issue with only a tiny drop of any kind of dairy. I think leaving it agnostic makes a lot of sense.

But the original reason this came up was K2. Even if you can't tolerate any dairy there are still eggs and meat.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Tallow has K2, and don't many organs as well? I don't think you need dairy at all to get what's in it.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Beefy is offline Member
    You need to look very closely at the levels of K2 in non-grassfed/non-pastured eggs, butter and meat products (long story... I don't have access to grassfed yet), as they are drastically lower than grassfed products. I supplement K2 until I can get those into my diet and feel confident that I'm not deficient.

I have enough family heart disease history to want to make sure the calcium goes into my teeth and bones and not into the walls of my arteries. Again, if you are eating quality whole foods you probably won't have this problem.
    Last edited by Beefy; 06-28-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345