Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how do you space your vitamin intake? page 2

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    My primary supplement intake is Omega-3s, and they come in convenient "herring" format.
    Yup, the only supplements I take are a regular can of whole sardines, and a dose of concentrated Arizona sunlight every day.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    My primary supplement intake is Omega-3s, and they come in convenient "herring" format.
    Yes. I like the "sardine" format as well for that supplement.

But seriously, Dado, if you eat your nutrients as a normal part of your diet, then you don't need to concern yourself with the timing of the pills which deliver a large plop of <whatever nutrient> into your system all at once as opposed to the more gradual absorption of digestion of real food.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Yup, the only supplements I take are a regular can of whole sardines, and a dose of concentrated Arizona sunlight every day.
    Good idea. There is vitamin D all over my deck and I am in here talking to you guys? Where's my bikini? See ya later.

well, i started taking the b complex after chocotaco told us he reversed his baldness

Paleobird Guest
    I did a quick google but all the sources seem to agree on these as sure bets in terms of vitamin B content:

Liver
    Beef
    Tuna
    Oats
    Turkey
    Brazil nuts
    Bananas
    Potatoes
    Avocados
    Legumes
    Kefir

Other than the oats and legumes, that sounds very Primal to me. You need to tell Chaco that real men are not squeamish about eating liver.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I'll give it a try.

I take B-complex and 100 mg of 5-HTP in the morning because other wise I'm a cranky, unmotivated bitch. At least this way I'm less of one. If I remember, I might take some selenium too, just because I have a crap-ton of fillings and I'm around all kinds of scary stuff all day. But I hardly ever remember. I also take 400 mg magnesium, absolutely without fail.

Around dinnertime, I take another 400 mg of magnesium because I need that much to keep the migraines away but 800 mg all at once isn't always, um... optimal if you plan on having a life outside the bathroom.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I don't ever seem to do the same thing always, either because I'm forgetful or hate routine. However, there are some rules I try to keep inmind when taking supplements.

I take oil-soluble ones with a fatty meal. For example, Ubiquitol (co-Q10) I'll take when I'm eating herring or red meat or eggs.

Magnesium and Calcium should be taken together (I've read that they compete for access to the same cells, and you don't want Calcium to win the battle), so if I'm drinking bone broth, I might take a little mag citrate powder with it.

If I'm taking a spoon of cod liver oil, I'll couple it with Vitamin D, and I'll usually take them both with my fatty meal.

Anything else I take when i think of it.

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    I tend to hold out on the d until later in the day -- I take it if I've been indoors too much. I also take my mag at night.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well, let's see, I take none in the morning, none at lunch and none at bedtime. Evenly spaced.
    exactly

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    well, i started taking the b complex after chocotaco told us he reversed his baldness
    Are you in the process of losing hair and want it to stop? If that's the case, I have a suggestion that you probably won't like, but it's working for me.

I am a woman, but I've been losing hair by the handfuls in the shower to the point where my hair is now very thin. Tried every supplement/diet related thing I could think of with no change in this...until I started taking cold showers. From the very first cold shower I started taking, my hair no longer falls out in the shower. After I experienced this phenomenon, I did some research to figure out why, and it seems that cold water closes the cuticle, making the hair stronger. Whatever the reason, it works. You just have to adjust to cold showers, which i actually enjoy now. Just google 'cold showers' and 'hair loss'.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast