Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do I do with the can of coconut milk I now have in the fridge? page

isbolick is offline Member

What do I do with the can of coconut milk I now have in the fridge?

I was reading about things I should stock up on when I started this diet nine days ago. Most of it I have used, but I have this can of coconut milk. What do you do with that?? Please don't tell me I am supposed to drink it....

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Make a smoothie.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

PrimalPam is offline Member
    I put about 1/4-1/2 c. of CO Milk in my coffee every day instead of creamer. Delicious, and extremely good for you. I also add 1-2 tbsp. of CO (just the oil), turmeric, and Stevia.

If you don't want to drink it directly, diluting it in your coffee is great. Not a coffee drinker? How about in green tea? Or just hold your nose and drink some. I personally find it delicious, and easy to drink. But if you don't love it, find a way to incorporate some into your daily diet.
    Truly Paleo since 1/1/2012 (Doing Leptin reset)
    Turned 50 on 3/8/2012 !!!
    5'2" Female
    11/27/2011: 162.8 lbs.
    7/15/12 : 148.6 lbs.
    Clean Paleo diet: Lots of CO, Meat, Seafood, and doing CT 5x/week, 40 mins @ 50-52 degrees F

I thought of that, but Mark seems anti-smoothie. Maybe this thing will just sit there til the recipe that wants it comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPam View Post
    I put about 1/4-1/2 c. of CO Milk in my coffee every day instead of creamer. Delicious, and extremely good for you. I also add 1-2 tbsp. of CO (just the oil), turmeric, and Stevia.

If you don't want to drink it directly, diluting it in your coffee is great. Not a coffee drinker? How about in green tea? Or just hold your nose and drink some. I personally find it delicious, and easy to drink. But if you don't love it, find a way to incorporate some into your daily diet.
    Oh, hells yeah, I am a coffee drinker! I will try it in my coffee tomorrow. I have been using cinnamon and heavy whipping cream in my coffee since I started and don't miss the sugar/sweetener at all.

PrimalPam is offline Member
    A tip about CO Milk: Open the can and pour into a plastic or glass container with a lid. It will be extremely lumpy; in fact, there may be a huge "lump" of CO at the top, with a bunch of liquid that comes gushing out, so pour slowly. CO Milk separates: the "lumpy" part is the CO cream that has risen to the top; the bottom liquid part needs to be mixed in. You will have to stir it each time you use it, as it will always separate.
    Truly Paleo since 1/1/2012 (Doing Leptin reset)
    Turned 50 on 3/8/2012 !!!
    5'2" Female
    11/27/2011: 162.8 lbs.
    7/15/12 : 148.6 lbs.
    Clean Paleo diet: Lots of CO, Meat, Seafood, and doing CT 5x/week, 40 mins @ 50-52 degrees F

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Or use it instead of cow milk to make a custard.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Or use it instead of cow milk to make a custard.
    +1

Easy pumpkin custard: 1 can coconut milk, 1 can pumpkin puree, 4 eggs, pumpkin pie spices, sweetener to taste (I use maple syrup). Combine, pour into pie plate or dish, bake for about an hour at 350F or until set.

Also, you can use it to make curries, use it instead of cream to make a cream soup, put it in a smoothie...so much stuff you can do with coconut milk! It's a staple in my house.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    I just poured 1/2 cup over frozen blueberries for a snack. I added a little vanilla extract too. Tasty

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saute some shrimp and then simmer them in the coconut milk!

Did this last night, very yummy!

Bob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast