Thread: Stonger and more flexible... from doing nothing?! page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Stonger and more flexible... from doing nothing?!

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone,

I had a two week "holiday" from my new-found healthy life where I did no exercise (but was moving around quite a lot). I'm a yoga teacher, so normally I do an hour of yoga a day, which is basically a combination of stretching and lifting. I had just started to incorporate cardio (was doing 5 mins of intense skipping a day).

Anyway, today I took some measurements, realised that in spite of cutting back on my exercise, and increasing what I was eating (3,500-4,500 calories per day for two weeks! Predominantly from nuts) I have not gained much weight, and in addition, I am stronger and more flexible than ever!

I can understand being stronger (I'm guessing with all the extra protein and fat I've put on muscle mass), but what about the flexibility? Normally if I miss a few days of Yoga I totally freeze up.

I've been sugar free for two months now (with two splurges), and haven't had any wheat, so maybe it's something to do with this? Or could it have to do with the nut consumption?

Thanks!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I would guess you needed that holiday. Sounds like you've done some healing and rebuilding, even though you are used to your level of excersise, it looks like a rest does you good.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    thanks Rob

mikezentz is offline Member
    It sounds to me like a little break from exercise is a good thing