Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best minimalist moisturiser? page 2

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been slathering coconut oil on my sunburn lately and it's been making my skin all nice. Takes forever to absorb, but I just do it before bed and it's gone by the time I wake up.

I don't usually put anything on my face. I just rub thoroughly with hot water at the conclusion of my shower (when the pores are all open and whatnot). I don't really break out much anymore. When I do, though, a mix of castor oil and olive oil works pretty well. You don't have to use olive oil, though. Just castor oil and whatever other oil you want. The next time I do it I'll probably use coconut oil because I don't buy olive oil anymore. Anyway, you rub it on your face, put a hot washcloth on your face to steam-clean, take it off when it gets cold, then wipe off oil residue. Works super well.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I use a tiny fingernail's worth of coconut oil, rub it in my hands to melt it (most of the year), then massage into my face after a shower. Nothing more. I choose to use the non-smell kind for moisturizer. Works great anywhere - makes my tattoo glisten like it's new. Just don't use too much - a wee bit is enough. I'm 52 and my skin is dewy soft.

KKDMB is offline Member
    I love coconut oil for cooking, but I found that using it as a moisturizer made my skin itch like crazy! I've started applying castor oil while still in/just after the shower and have had great results. I've always had really dry legs and a problem with heat-aggravated eczema, but the castor oil has kept my legs pretty itch-free and soft.

Good luck!
    Live Clean, Love Hard. Or vice versa.

Female! Height: 5'10.5" HW: 161 SW: 135 CW: 124 GW: Whatever number my body wants to be when I'm eating and moving well - trying to get that muscle mass up.

Linny is offline Senior Member
    I find coconut oil makes my skin feel tight and dry so if I'm in need of moisturizer I use olive oil (when I'm still damp from a shower) or cocoa butter. Lard is a good moisturizer for hands. I usually put some on before bed. That way I don't have to worry about the greasy hands and by morning they are nice and soft.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Coconut oil.

missjess is offline Junior Member
    Coconut oil, and if you can find coconut oil mixed with beeswax I find that works really well.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    I use Emu oil.. use it on my hair to.. works lovely.

Have tried quite a few others but dident like to results as well. (Except Argan oil for my hair.. that was good)
    Coconut oil makes my hair feel brittle for some reason...
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil gave me a rash on my face.

I use Olive Virgin Oil from DHC. Works fantastic.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    once i stopped using facial cleansers, i stopped needing moisturizers. go figure, right? i use a face cloth in the shower just to slough off dead skin. i take hot baths a few times a week and hold the hot cloth over my nose and chin, where i tend to get clogged pores. if i have been overzealous with the cloth, i dab a bit of olive oil on my cheeks.

i use coconut oil on the ends of my hair every so often.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

mikezentz is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Water is the best moisturizer. Clean your body with it and drink it. Everything else is fluff.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast