Ok, I'm intrigued. I like the idea of training in a ketogenic state, but I understand little about it. I don't know if it is just as simple as eating less than 50 (or 70?) grams of carbs a day and then training in this state with post-workout fuel being just protein, or if this is a lot more complicated than that. Like everything else sports nutrition related, there are plenty of ways to make things really freaking complicated.

At this point in time, I am not watching my carb intake. I eat fruit and I eat sweet potatoes. I don't abuse them, but I know I'm not super low carb. So, I'm wondering if those out there who do train in a fat-burning state can give me some pointers on this. Are you maintaining your carbs at 50-70g every day, or do you need to vary this for any reason? And I'm interested in what you do leading up to an event and on the actual race day. I'm training for a Tough Mudder, btw (and yes, I did read the great article about fueling for the WTM). I'm just looking for people's experiences/tips. Thanks!