Thread: Anyone have a good Chipotle Carnitas recipe? page

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member

Anyone have a good Chipotle Carnitas recipe?

Shop Now
    I can't keep forking out $10 a few times a week for a Carnitas salad... But I LOVE their carnitas. Anyone have a knockoff recipe that is actually pretty close to what Chipotle serves? Thanks

JMUFit is offline Junior Member
    Well...it's not quite right for PB - but you can hack either of these recipes pretty easily (second isn't carnitas, but it's also yummy and in the same vein!)

No Waste Carnitas

Better than Chipotle's Beef Barbacoa

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I like this one. I put the roast in the oven at 400 for a few minutes after to get the nice bit of crust that you would normally get from frying.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Found one This came out surprisingly close to what you actually get at Chipotle's. I was surprised how many "Chipotle" knock off recipes don't even use the ingredients listed on the Chipotle website. This one did.

Chipotle's Carnitas (Pulled Pork) | Pork Recipes | thefishfamily | Just A Pinch Recipe Club

Totally paleo too if you just use a good oil

Made it with homemade guac and pico de gallo last night. So good!

SAdams is offline Member
    All these recipies look okay but nothing beats carnitas slowly fried for a couple of hours in lard. Fill dutch oven about 1/2 way full of lard, add head of chopped cillantro, orange slices and meat (cut into 2 inch cubes) Simmer for a couple of hours than crank it up to get that crust on it. Pretty simple, you could season the meat before frying, but so freaking good with fresh guac and pico.
    Just hit me that you are looking for a chipotle like recipie. have never had theirs so don't know.

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    Going to make this! I love Chipotle carnitas too.