Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conversation With the Dr Today page 2

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for that cori.... I agree with you, taking antibiotics is something I hate doing, so I am always vigilant about preventing infections in other ways (i.e. cleanliness etc.), but I should research some possible supplementation.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member
    O.K. so now I am confused as I read from another post that "Turning sticks dark pink would suggest your body is not USING the ketones for energy and signifies a problem". I believe it was teach2183 who said this and I did ask in that thread what this meant but got no reply. So if carbs are low enough to be in ketosis will this show in your urine or not? and if they do then is that normal. My sticks show pink to purple for the last month but I haven't lost any weight.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Why bother lying?....you don't have anything to hide.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-24-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Why bother lying?....you don't have anything to hide.
    You mean me? I didn't lie, I did eat breakfast - at noon. I suppose acting like I didn't know what she was talking about is a lie...well, I didn't want to get into it with her (she's the clinic Dr, not my regular GP), and I really had to pee baaaad!

It will be interesting the next time I am at my gp in August and have some blood work done. (I have half a thyroid so they are always checking.) My cholesterol has always been really, really low, (drs love it, and I thought I should too) so I am curious to see if it has gone up and if my gp will be concerned about that. Then yes, there will be a discussion if she makes an issue out of it. Especially now that I have also lost 18 pounds and have been as high as 210 (1990-1995).

Thanks for prodding me to honesty.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedogs View Post
    O.K. so now I am confused as I read from another post that "Turning sticks dark pink would suggest your body is not USING the ketones for energy and signifies a problem". I believe it was teach2183 who said this and I did ask in that thread what this meant but got no reply. So if carbs are low enough to be in ketosis will this show in your urine or not? and if they do then is that normal. My sticks show pink to purple for the last month but I haven't lost any weight.
    I don't know enough about the intricacies of the mechanism, except that yes, if your sticks are pink to purple you are in ketosis, and it is what you want if your goal is to lose weight. As far as my understanding goes this is not a problem if your urine is also not full of sugar. You might need to search some other threads for more information. You might also start a thread with your specific question, including what you eat, your goals, and how much you weigh, height, and sex. Other people here are far more knowledgeable than I am and they will be able to pinpoint why you might not be losing.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Oh, when I read your OP I wasn't sure if you were making up the fritata thing or that you did actually eat before the appointment. LOL...not prodding, just that lying about it would have made it seem as if you felt you had something to be ashamed of when it is actually quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Oh, when I read your OP I wasn't sure if you were making up the fritata thing or that you did actually eat before the appointment. LOL...not prodding, just that lying about it would have made it seem as if you felt you had something to be ashamed of when it is actually quite the opposite.
    Actually, I like prodding... and being challenged.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12