Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Think My Wife Is Trying To Kill Me! page 3

summoora is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Not sure if your wife is actually trying to kill you....I think that's up for you to decide, lol!!

I will say that I think sometimes the spouse will have a subconscious reaction when the other decides to make this kind of change. My husband did the same thing to me when I first went Primal. My weakness is sweets, I will gorge myself on sweets if they are in the house, and I keep going back for more and more until it's gone. Suffice it to say, that first week going Primal was fucking horrible. It was really hard, the cravings were REALLY BAD, I had horrible carb flu and I told him what a hard time I was having. So what does he do? He buys all kinds of yummy things, stuff to make ice cream sundaes, he bought chocolate chips to make homemade cookies, knowing that cookie dough is my kryptonite.....and he had not one time EVER made homemade cookies before. Never. So he makes the cookies, and I had to resist and it was hard but I got through it. I got to watch him make himself giant bowls of ice cream with two or three cookies in it and devour it right in front of me, every night that week (and this is someone who will have dessert maybe once a week, if that). At the end of my first week, HE MADE ANOTHER FUCKING BATCH OF HOMEMADE COOKIES!!!!!! I was so mad at him. I just couldn't believe it.

I finally had to say something. I had a talk with him, I told him how hurt I was and that I felt like he was not only not being supportive, but that I felt like he was trying to sabotage my efforts (now, I don't think that was his intention, but I think subconsciously he wasn't liking the change, so maybe it was some kind of rebellion). I don't think he realized how upset I was until I told him, and he said he wanted to support me and that he was sorry, he didn't even realize what he was doing until I pointed it out to him.

So anyway, maybe your wife is doing something similar? I really hope you don't honestly think that she is trying to kill you. If you do feel that way, you have much bigger problems on your hands than eating ten pieces of fruit per day, lol!!
    I think its that when we talk about all the things we cant have, it makes people think of sweets and fruits, and then it's, "hey, that doesn't sound half bad. I think I need a cookie."

XGrains is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Does your wife realise how messy death by fruit ingestion will be? I imagine a final episode of diarrhea in which you end up rupturing your bowel and bleeding to death.

Talk to her
    Oh my gosh! I have a hernia. Is this the first stage?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Great post! Gave me a good chuckle.
    Then I read some of the responses, and wondered if you were being serious.
    But your hernia reassures me.

XGrains is offline Member

Primal Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Great post! Gave me a good chuckle.
    Then I read some of the responses, and wondered if you were being serious.
    But your hernia reassures me.
    There are a few important issues with my somewhat humorous approach. One is that cravings, such as fruit addiction, in the peak of the fruit season, are very difficult to overcome. Secondly, one's spouse has to be on board if one desires to go Primal, and is not an "enabler" that contributes to back sliding. Thirdly, don't call me Serious. I'm glad my hernia is reassuring.
    Last edited by XGrains; 06-24-2012 at 01:08 PM.

gibson girl is offline Junior Member
    I'm an addict too. My DH thrives on store-bought day-old goodies, which look and taste terrible, so I can usually ignore them. I asked him to keep them out of sight in the pantry. Okay, that was just for reference....

If you have asked her not to buy them and she's ignored you, it could be carelessnes or it could be sabotage. If it's sabotage, let the fruit collect on the counter until it begins to spoil and draw fruit flies. You may need to chew your arm for a few days until she has to throw them out. Stay out of the kitchen. Find a good book to read. Come back here and vent. Whatever you have to do!

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    I'm not going to read this thread. Your wife isn't forcing all of that fruit down your throat. If you choose to eat it, it's on you. I'd just eat your own healthy way of life and indulge in some fruit as a treat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123