Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: I Think My Wife Is Trying To Kill Me!

Threaded View

Cool I Think My Wife Is Trying To Kill Me!

Ever since I went Paleo, I've had numerous discussions with my wife regarding how a Paleo diet keeps a person healthy by regulating their blood sugar. We've talked about how fats and protein tend to keep blood sugar in check, while carbs tend to raise blood sugar. She knows I'm addicted to fruit, however, since these Paleo discussions she's been buying tons of fruit. Currently we have on hand, apples, bananas, kiwi, watermelon, cantaloupe, mango, cherries, grapes, peaches, plums, nectarines, pears, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, lemons, limes, and prunes.

Since fruit is so good this time of year, and because of my addiction, I'm having an especially difficult time limiting my consumption. Compounding the problem is that my wife never buys two or three of anything, but a dozen bananas, 8 apples, 7 peaches, 6 nectarines, 5 mangos, 4 kiwi, 3 cartons of strawberries, 2 bags of grapes, and a pear tree. I bet I'm eating fruit 10 times a day. Every time I go near the kitchen the fruit calls out to me. My blood sugar has to be through the roof.

What makes me suspicious is that I recently bought a large insurance policy. Also, my wife eats very little fruit, mostly protein, and some good fats. She doesn't work and is very high maintenance; nails every week; pedicures every other; hair, cut and color once a month. One gray hair and it's off to the beauty shop. And how many pairs of black shoes can one woman buy? I won't even mention purses. (All black to go with the shoes.)

My question is this: how can I keep from consuming so much fruit? Do you think my wife is trying to kill me? Should I get rid of her before I go into a diabetic coma, or should I be mad at her for not having any oranges in the house?
    Last edited by XGrains; 06-23-2012 at 01:35 PM.