Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Think My Wife Is Trying To Kill Me! page 2

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by XGrains View Post
    I bet I'm eating fruit 10 times a day. Every time I go near the kitchen the fruit calls out to me. My blood sugar has to be through the roof.
    Stop going near the kitchen.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    You're far better off binging on fruits than you are on virtually any other food. Don't sweat it.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Fruits aren't horrible for you-at least if you don't have a condition that is aggravated by them. If you do, disregard the following advice.

But in my experience, fruit is good-a fruit smoothie with some meat (porkloin, steak, grilled chicken) and a veggie side (sweet potato, squash, some green) is a meal for Gods. Sweet, fulfilling, and totally Primal. Don't be afraid of the fruit...if you fear it, it will rule you.

Instead, why not try to factor in a little fruit once a day during your meals? That way you can use the fruit while also satisfying your need for it. Fruit is not the worst thing to eat.

I would also recommend talking to your wife about it if it really concerns you this much. Communication is majorly important as I've found in my limited experiences with the opposite sex.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Put the fruit in the dehydrator. Then you'll have snacks for your next hiking trip.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 192.5lbs, press 75lbs and deadlift 210lbs

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you should be angry that she didn't buy oranges
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    She might think of them as carbs actually.

And she's subtly trying to tell you she doesn't think low-carb, or even LOWER-carb is healthy. And she's trying to make sure you get them in a way that's "acceptable" to your diet.

I think you might be well served by politely reminding her that while they are allowed, they should be taken in moderation and not form the bulk of one's diet.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Does your wife realise how messy death by fruit ingestion will be? I imagine a final episode of diarrhea in which you end up rupturing your bowel and bleeding to death.

Talk to her
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Here's a wild idea: talk to her about it.
    What???

Blasphemy!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    does your wife realise how messy death by fruit ingestion will be? I imagine a final episode of diarrhea in which you end up rupturing your bowel and bleeding to death.

Talk to her
    lmao!!!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you don't have a dehydrator, freeze the stuff. We do this all the time and you then can blend smallish batches up for homemade-style soft serve. Use frozen bananas as the base - very creamy result. If you have a wimpy blender, spend the $$$ for a Vitamix. You will use it for a thousand other things, too.

Can't help you with the paranoia thing.... try talking to her again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast