Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going Pillow-less, anyone have any success? page

Going Pillow-less, anyone have any success?

Primal Fuel
    So far I've been two weeks without a pillow. Some nights, good, some nights bad, but for the most part I have no complaint. This week I think I'll try my pillow again and see how my body compares. I definitely think I fall asleep easier without it, but time and experimentation will tell.

Same here! I stopped using my $100 Tempur Pedic pillow as an experiment because I would wake up with frequent neck/headaches. Pillow gone and feeling much better.

Any particular positions you sleep in? I have been sleeping on my side with my bottom leg out and my top bent over, and my hand supporting my head.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    I'm a stomach sleeper and am so much more comfortable without a pillow! I sleep better every night and no more sore neck in the morning.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I prefer to sleep hanging & upside down, so the transition to pillow-less has been a breeze.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennf View Post
    I'm a stomach sleeper and am so much more comfortable without a pillow! I sleep better every night and no more sore neck in the morning.
    +1. No pillow. Belly sleeper here!

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I've been wondering the merits of sleeping with a pillow. Clearly our ancestors would have never used one, though they may have used some sort of softer covering for the ground (animal hide etc). I have one of those "super good for your neck, 100% guarnteed best sleep ever" pillows.

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Less pillow is more. I tossed the tempurpedic. I like a very thin feather pillow I can use to ball under my hands to support my head. , I sleep only side knees bent, lower arm under my head upper arm wonders from between knees the under face. Legs are hooked at the feet top ankle under bottom.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Pillows give me a head and neck ache and have forever. I tend to start on my stomach, like others. The only time I use a fat pillow is when I am sick, as in 3 or 4 of them piled up so I can sleep at around a 40 degree angle for snot drainage and the like. I have a collection of pillows from Germany, they are incredibly thin, and I can sleep on those, but only one at a time.

If you have been using a fat one, I suggest transitioning to a thin one before ditching it altogether. If you want to try something really hippy, try a buckwheat pillow. They are filled with buckwheat hulls. They sleep much cooler around the head and I love them. The last one I had, my mom stole. Well, not actually stole, but she made those googly-mama-eyes at me and I let her have it.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can't sleep with a pillow now. If I try it feels like I am hyperextending my nexk when I'm lying on my back.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast