Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They're called workouts, not funouts page

FitMountain is offline Member

They're called workouts, not funouts

Shop Now
    Here's a little thing I wrote about putting "fun" in its place as it applies to exercise.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fit-m...05965139416884

Hey, having fun is a big part of being a healthy Grok, but don't let the tail wag the dog.
    http://facebook.com/fitmountain

Know your limits. Then shatter them.

UK Guy is offline Senior Member
    Having read your article I agree with what you have put. However the problem is that people today face a different sort of pressure and competition in their everyday lives than Grok did. Competition in daily living may not ever reach the intense life threatening levels Grok may have faced, but it is far more constant than in Groks existence I'm sure......as a consequence people are searching for fun wherever they can find it....which is often only in their free, leisure time...their exercise time. What many, except the truly committed aren't looking for is even more stress.....

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Just guessing from your heading.....in that case thought this is why I only "workout" with HIT 1x/week. I like the rest of my activities to be fun outs.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I like your point about learning to actually take pleasure in workouts. While they may not always be "fun" in the way most people think of it, one can take a lot of satisfaction in getting fitter and healthier, and you can find yourself liking activity even when it is sometimes hard.

I also think we need to shift our idea of what's fun. Dancing, bouncing around the yard with the dogs, swinging on the rope at the pool with my niece and nephews, biking with my sweetie--all that stuff is fun, and it's way better than the TV. I see watching a movie as relaxation, not playtime. Play is an active verb. It's something you do, not something that should just happen to you.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

vrodmuscle is offline Member
    After working out for so many years, I've noticed I have conditioned myself to positively associate workouts with feeling good. I workout to feel good. If im feeling sluggish or 'down' an hour or so at the gym I have learned pulls me out.
    My Youtube Health and Fitness Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dcdhealthfitness

Will be making more videos weekly.

The post-workout "high" definitely helps with that psychological conditioning!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I like the results of working out... but heavy deadlifts are never fun. And even less fun are 20 rep squats. But they are awesome in there own special way
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Sorry I'll have to read that later. I was too busy having a funout.

With your mom.
    Ah yes... these never get old.

"Finding new and preferably disgusting ways to degrade a friend's mother was always held in high regard."
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    I like the results of working out... but heavy deadlifts are never fun. And even less fun are 20 rep squats. But they are awesome in there own special way
    Heavy deads are the funnest thing ever. But maybe that's just me.

I'm with you on the 20-rep squats though.

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Heavy deads are the funnest thing ever. But maybe that's just me.

I'm with you on the 20-rep squats though.
    Yeah, For me it's the rep before the last rep. I slam it down and resetting thinking "Fuuuuuuuuuck, I got one more of these".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast