Thread: Tanning - what to use? page

patski is offline Senior Member

Tanning - what to use?

Primal Fuel
    Our wedding is in less than a month. I'm pretty pale and wearing white on our special day, I'll look like Casper. Wifey bought us a bunch of tanning minutes at a local place. But I've never been crazing about their OMGBRONZING tanning creams. They smell, and have so many chemicals in 'em it freaks me right the eff out.

What should I use instead? I was thinking of coconut oil.

SPANKS!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    What should I use instead?

The sun.

Be careful in the beds. They aren't any better or worse for you than the sun, but it is much easier to get burned. You don't need to put on anything in a tanning bed except maybe a little towel so you don't burn your butt.

vrodmuscle is offline Member
    If you must tan, the salon should have numerous sample packs avail for you to select from, the employee should be able to guide you to a lotion suited to your smell, bronzing desire, etc
    My Youtube Health and Fitness Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dcdhealthfitness

Will be making more videos weekly.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    What should I use instead?

The sun.

Be careful in the beds. They aren't any better or worse for you than the sun, but it is much easier to get burned. You don't need to put on anything in a tanning bed except maybe a little towel so you don't burn your butt.
    The sun. Exactly. And don't put any commercial sunscreens on - those chemicals just might be what is causing the increase in melanoma. Personally, I try to get in the sun when it comes out in March (cold, here in the UK!) and keep going. Once slightly tanned, that is Nature's sun tan block. If my skin dries, then grape seed oil or coconut oil are great.

Edited to add - I am almost 60, have been in the sun a lot, and my skin is just fine. No wrinkles, and people routinely assume that I am much younger. The sun is GOOD!

nevermore is offline Junior Member
    I don't know much about tanning salons. I've always just used the sun and I'm pretty pale too. I can do 15-20min at a time without burning and it is VERY sunny here.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I've used the tanning salon fairly regularly. I generally don't use anything, and moisturize well with coconut oil after. You'll be fine if you start out slow and don't try to stay in too long, too soon.

I've never been burned in a tanning booth. I have, however, been burned by the sun. -_-