Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honeymoon and then back to normal? page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I never ask doctors to check things. I take Vitamin D every day. Probably need more of it in the gloom and drizzle. Probably should quit the sweet potato lunches. I feel so sleepy after them. They're just so easy to pop in the microwave and so big and filling and cheap. I haven't had any liver in a few weeks because I've been working my way through a huge roast beef. Liver would probably help some. I wish the hot springs were closer. Such a long drive. Soaked in them a few weeks ago. So luxurious. Then some drunks with bows and arrows showed up and started aiming them at everybody and it was time to go...So much for relaxation.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

fatisyummy is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    BEING INSIDE MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH THINGS AND I'M SICK OF LIVING IN WASHINGTON. Kay, all done.
    Seattle, It's not me, it's you. I'm just not really all that in love with you anymore.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Is there a honeymoon period for paleo/primal like there appears to be for vegans? I mean, I felt great, better than ever in my life, but the last few weeks I have not felt quite so high. I feel:

- sleepy
    - cranky/moody/irritable, almost depressed
    - not as physically energetic
    - sore from any kind of exercise
    - sometimes my head feels like a caffeine withdrawal feeling but I'm not withdrawing from caffeine
    - things not moving as fast through my system as I would like
    - I eat something and feel energy and then it wears off quickly

I eat plenty of sweet potatoes and occasional fruit (but I swear I felt better on low carb). Plenty of grass-fed beef and salmon so I'm getting my O3s. The main thing that is different is that it's super foggy every day. The sun doesn't come out until 5 or 6 most days. Been like that for weeks.

Do you think it's the fog? Do you think that the vibrant feeling wears off and then you go back to your normal sluggish self (if that's what normal has always been for you)?
    If you return to LC and see no improvement in how you feel I suggest testing the following:
    1. Vitamin D
    2. Ferritin, hemoglobin, hematocrit
    3. Female hormones-- estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, FSH
    4. Thyroid-- TSH, free T4, free T3, anibodies

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the bunch of silly heads that disturbed your relaxation! But, you know, Occam's razor, everything being equal, the simplest explanation is the best. Rest a little, and maybe things will look up. (Hugs) That's said, a cup of bone broth with seaweed is pretty invigorating....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12