Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good mood food??? page

Jena is offline Senior Member

Good mood food???

Primal Fuel
    I have been primal for a little over a month now and love it. I have lost weight, feel good, and my skin looks amazing. Yesterday may have been one of the crappiest days I can remember. I got some very bad news. Anyway I was weak and had some potato chips... I nearly got sick from them too. What is the best mood elevator? Is there a primal comfort food? I am past the comfort food stage today and have moved on to just being grouchy phase, but for future reference... what is the best primal pick me up?

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Well, this will vary from person to person depending on what you like obviously. I tend to like full fat yogurt with honey and almond butter. Big ass avocado with olive oil , salt and pepper and red wine vinegar. A huge ribeye with a pat of kerrygold on top, pastured scrambled eggs with goat cheese and sausage. Fresh seasonal fruit with cottage cheese.

Last night had some amazing peaches/nectarines from the farmers market in cottage cheese. It was gooooooood.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

LoriBeth is offline Junior Member
    Mine is a bacon wrapped filet that's topped with crab meat, a lobster tail, and a side of roasted asparagus seasoned with a bit of garlic and drizzled with butter. Puts me in a good mood every time!

ERC
    ERC is offline Junior Member
    Kale Chips! Crunchy and salty, fulfilling that chip craving.

In addition, when i am feeling indulgent, i will do a sweet potato potato-skin, bar style. Cut a reasonably size one in half and core it out, then throw it on the grill. Once it cooks for 10 or 15 minutes toss in butter, plenty of cheese and par-cooked bacon.

This is what i cook when i am either in a funk or missing my old eating style.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    In a hurry, fried eggs with salsa & veggies & some soft full-fat European cheese. If I have time, I caramelize onions in butter or left over fat/drippings. Then lightly to medium cook some chicken or calves liver. That's a real energy & mood elevator, LIVER!
    Last edited by Betorq; 06-22-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Oops

jakey is offline Senior Member
    eggs are like my comfort food. but for a good mood and cheer, nothing tops fruit in my book. i fucking love fruit!

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Apple wood smoked bacon. Sharp cheddar cheese on the side.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Salmon, and root veggies, like carrots and rutabaga. I am not sure why salmon makes me feel happy, but crunchy root veggies are a pretty obvious choice. I also like a mug of tea with some quark, greek yogurt or chilled coconut milk with either sea salt or coco powder, lemon juice and stevia
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Organic apple slathered in walnut butter!!
    Nothing like fruit when you want sugar, and all of the nut butters are very filling.
    Kale chips great sub for potato chips, fried chicken livers very good too.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Jesus, i totally forgot the obvious, dark chocolate.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast