Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member

Christian/Creation PB followers

Just out of curiosity, do any of you not believe in evolution and follow PB and Paleo for the health and other scientific support behind the diet and lifestyle? Christians, creationist, etc.

Edited: warning this thread contains content that has nothing to do with this topic... Your time would be better spent talking to a box of doughnuts.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 06-24-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Nobody believes in evolution. Science accepts natural selection as the explanation of the mechanism by which the biological community changes throughout time. It's not a matter of faith.
    Last edited by RichMahogany; 06-22-2012 at 11:48 AM.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Nobody believes in evolution. Science accepts the mechanism as the explanation of the mechanism by which the biological community changes throughout time. It's not a matter of faith.
    Ok, split hairs... You get the gist of what I'm sayin.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

I believe we have changed over time of course, but I don't believe that we were once apes. I also don't believe that the universe just happened to spit out a planet within a relatively narrow livable band a certain distance from a star. I have faith that God created everything I see and don't see, for reasons that I don't know or need to know. Are there more planets in a livable band elsewhere in the galaxy? I don't know, it's none of business really, maybe I'll ask one day.
    Good topic for a thread, but I fear that it will be short-lived.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Thinking that we were once apes shows a misunderstanding of how evolution works. We did not descend from apes. We shared a common ancestor. That's all.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I believe that God created everything to evolve.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    Thinking that we were once apes shows a misunderstanding of how evolution works. We did not descend from apes. We shared a common ancestor. That's all.
    Um, no. We were and still are apes, by the simple fact that we are more closely related to chimps than gorillas are, and both chimps and gorillas are apes. We are both apes and humans, which is a sub-clade of ape.

Cladistics FTW. Animal > Mammal > Primate > Ape > Human. Each group contains all the groups to its right.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Hm. I am wearing my doubtful face now.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I have my own personal brand of faith. I definitely am not atheist - mine does include Creation and Creator. It is just not the "you will burn in Hell if you are not a Young-Earth Creationist" type of segregating belief.

I think God is so much more than how he gets portrayed by everybody quoting Him in the Evolution-Darwin-Natural Selection-Biblical debates, so I don't worry about it. I read everything, secure (at least in my own head) that my questioning is okay, too. Questions are the beginning of new information and hopefully, understanding.

Scientists do their scientific thing, which has brought us a lot of blessings. And churchmen have done many good things also. And both have their share of badness to answer for. We all are trying. What else can we do, given our limitations as physical beings on this plane, born in this time, being terminally curious and all??

Maybe sometime, waaaaaaay out there in time, we all will agree on one, definitive answer. Since that time is not yet, I'll let everybody, no matter where they stand in this debate, have their opinions. It will all eventually shake out.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Um, no. We were and still are apes, by the simple fact that we are more closely related to chimps than gorillas are, and both chimps and gorillas are apes. We are both apes and humans, which is a sub-clade of ape.

Cladistics FTW. Animal > Mammal > Primate > Ape > Human. Each group contains all the groups to its right.
    This is 100% correct and makes me want to re-read this awesome book.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast