Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 7

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by karatepig View Post
    So, to kinda stay on topic, I think that those who eath paleo/primal, yet are Christians (or Muslims, or Jews, or Pagans) are contradicting themselves.
    Only because you assume that the one most stereotypical version of Christianity is the only one that all Christians follow.

As stated by myself and others, not all Christians believe in a completely literal version of the Bible.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do any of you not believe in evolution and follow PB and Paleo for the health and other scientific support behind the diet and lifestyle? Christians, creationist, etc.
    Muslim! God creates how, what and when He wills. I'm not strictly PB and doubt I ever will be - as I wrote in my introductory note). Though, I should add, that many of the protocols and practices of PB are consonant with my perception of aspects of 'religious' practice .

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    I like black cars.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post

Dark chocolate helps, too, when enthusiasm is flagging from trying to herd cats...
    And thank you for this great one...that is exactly what half my life has been like - herding cats!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Present! How's that for a KISS response
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    Present! How's that for a KISS response
    Excellent!
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

karatepig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Only because you assume that the one most stereotypical version of Christianity is the only one that all Christians follow.

As stated by myself and others, not all Christians believe in a completely literal version of the Bible.
    Ahhhhhh, but does it not strike you as odd that you must manipulate what you have read to conform to your per-determined conclusion? A good analogy is medical studies. Those who are interested in propagating CW often look at studies/evidence which directly defy their foregone conclusions, then "interpret" them to show how said studies/evidence support the CW position.
    Is this not what you are doing with the Bible, since it DOES NOT indicate a beginning that is consistent with what we have learned about the universe? And, not to sound like a smart-ass, but just what is it that motivates you to seek-out, and defend religion as an explanation for the universe/Man?

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by karatepig View Post
    The problem, as I see it, is that this approach to health and wellness makes extensive use of scientific inquiry. It requires the use of a scientific mindset. Faith is an unwavering, unconditional, belief. Evolution PREDICTS that this way of eating will work best. Paleo/Primal can be viewed as further supporting discoveries. The problem with religion (by which I mean the belief in any sort of a creator), is that no real reason is given for why anything should be as it is. It is merely "god's will, and you'll be damned if you question it!"
    If Earth were only 6000 years old, and all the creationist psuedo-science true, then why would eliminating grains be beneficial? If evolution had taken place so rapidly, then why haven't we adapted to neolithic foods? Why aren't we adapting to HFCS now? The answers to the question about our origin/evolution ARE important, and, to those who claim they don't care, yes you do. What else gives you a desire to "have faith?" Are you afraid, perhaps? If religion requires you to alter your way of thinking, WORSHIP an entity, and instruct you children in its' ways, then isn't it important enough to MAKE SURE that you aren't just making a fool or yourself? I have seen and heard of people becoming very impassioned about faith, be hateful, self-deprecating (as is often the case in worship music), irrational, even murderous. To me, it is as absurd as one child stabbing another over whether or not Rudolph flies every Christmas.
    So, to kinda stay on topic, I think that those who eath paleo/primal, yet are Christians (or Muslims, or Jews, or Pagans) are contradicting themselves.
    Agreed. I was a little more outspoken in the other thead with someone who was claiming a "modern religion" (anything in the past 10-12,000 years like Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, etc).

After doing some research and thought on mental health, I have come to decide that these religions are basically chosen and defended by their followers because the religion is good for their own mental health. It's almost a one-size-fits-all bandaid. Bandaid for what? All the crap that happens to people that is due to our totalitarian agriculture society.

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Would not Grok have been a believer?

Is not the theory of evolution another wrong headed presentation from the world of CW?
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdjesson View Post
    Would not Grok have been a believer?

Is not the theory of evolution another wrong headed presentation from the world of CW?
    I would think that the adherence of 75% of the planet to a Judeo/Christian/Islamic one-size-fits-all "god" is a FAR better representation of CW, and thus a far better target for doubt.

-signed, your friendly neighborhood Asatru heathen
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast