Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 5

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Yep, that one.
    Oh, well, when I was in Kentucky, or maybe it was Florida, we came across this fundamentalist Christian dinosaur sculpture park. I was so excited! Then, we noticed the dinos were hanging out with cavemen... and mammoths... laughter and goofy-ass posed pics ensued

isbolick is offline Member
    Oh my I need some bacon.... I keep thinking I'm on the wrong thread. This is not a debate thread. Maybe I should have set up a poll instead? No, next time I will listen to justyouraveragecaveman. You were so right!
    Pretty much. While I might be new here, I have been alive for awhile. And having been alive for awhile and using the internet for awhile, too, I know you can't bring up creation vs. otherwise without people seguing into their own personal beliefs. Instead of apparently getting miffed that the thread is doing exactly what anyone could have reasonably expected, why not just ride it and see where it goes?

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I should have also specified that by evolution, I meant lack of a creator as it's origin. Things evolve even today...
    I'll bet you are wishing there was a "delete this thread" option!

I've been a Christian for nearly 40 years....... and I believe what the Bible says. Plain and simple. I eat this way because its healthy, not because I want to get back to my "caveman" ways. I'm sure when God created Adam and Eve they didn't have a McDonalds or a Supermarket to find their food. They hunted - and gathered!!!! Adam and Eve (IMO) are the original cave people.

Have we evolved since Adam and Eve? What does it matter?

Is the earth 6000 years old or 6 millions years old? What does it matter?

Will finding the answers to either of those questions make life in the here and now any different? Nope...........

So, why debate it? Believe whatever you want - in the end we'll all find out who was right.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

I've been a Christian for nearly 40 years....... and I believe what the Bible says. Plain and simple. I eat this way because its healthy, not because I want to get back to my "caveman" ways. I'm sure when God created Adam and Eve they didn't have a McDonalds or a Supermarket to find their food. They hunted - and gathered!!!! Adam and Eve (IMO) are the original cave people.

Will finding the answers to either of those questions make life in the here and now any different? Nope...........

So, why debate it? Believe whatever you want - in the end we'll all find out who was right.
    Your dog is named Zeus? Cute!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    That's a good one is it? I've read The God Delusion and The Greatest Show on Earth, but not that one. Maybe I'll give it a go. I always have to leave a good long time between his books though; he's so damn smug. He's good at explaining his science, but damn he thinks that there is nothing in the universe that Richard Dawkins cannot comprehend. Funny.
    It is a very, very good book. Definitely worth a read. And yeah, really smart people get smug sometimes, it's annoying but it's worth it when they have good ideas that you want to download into yo' brainz.

Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    And so far as taxonomy goes, it seems most folks do not label humans as apes, but rather put apes and humans in the same hominid bucket. At least as far as my intertubes searches could find.
    I think you mean hominoids? Because that's just the fancy word for "ape". Humans and the other great apes definitely all go in the hominoid bucket. It's the hominid bucket that only currently holds humans (though there were other members of the group in prehistoric times that have died out). Hominid is a sub-category of hominoid.

The old classification schemes that put humans in a separate group from the other apes were based on our obvious morphological differences leading scientists to assume that the evolutionary separation must have been further back in time than it actually was, and that the other great apes must be more closely related to each other than to us. But modern genetic techniques have shown that to be false.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I'm an atheist, so PB doesn't conflict with my views in any way.

isbolick is offline Member
    The old classification schemes that put humans in a separate group from the other apes were based on our obvious morphological differences leading scientists to assume that the evolutionary separation must have been further back in time than it actually was, and that the other great apes must be more closely related to each other than to us. But modern genetic techniques have shown that to be false.

Bingo. When you share 96% of your DNA with chimpanzees, it is a little disingenuous to pretend that we are not some form of ape.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I try my best to follow the teachings of Christ, so PB doesn't conflict with my views in any way.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

~sigh~ you had me at "delete this thread!" lol yes, I was just looking to see if any born again, elect of God were on here. .

Seriously though, I don't care about the debate... It just suprises me when intelligent adults can't just answer a question and stay on topic. I mean if I asked what are all yalls beliefs (hush, I'm from the south), then sure, bring on the debate. But this also happened on the PB christian thread that I found (after starting this thread like a dummy).
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I should have also specified that by evolution, I meant lack of a creator as it's origin.
    I think those are two different ideas still. But I'm a little... odd, theologically speaking.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast