Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 4

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do any of you not believe in evolution and follow PB and Paleo for the health and other scientific support behind the diet and lifestyle? Christians, creationist, etc.
    In all seriousness, It's difficult for many Christians to answer your question because Christianity and Evolutionary theory are not mutually exclusive to many of faith. my mother-in-law, a reverend in the UCC, believes this. Many believe that there was a catalyst to Earth's creation, and even many scientists call this catalyst God. Have you read The God Theory," by astrophysicist Bernard Haisch? He is a former seminarian, who argues that God and Evolution can co-exist.
    http://www.thegodtheory.com/

isbolick is offline Member
    Rasputina, God and evolution can absolutely co-exist. I find it terribly frustrating when people act as if believing in a God negates a belief in natural selection and evolutionary change. It is bizarre to me to pick and choose through the Bible which parts will be taken verbatim and which with a grain of salt. If you don't believe that I should head next door and stone my neighbors to death for wearing cloth of mixed fibers or that it's Ok for me to have slaves (as long as they aren't Canadian or Mexican) and you think it's OK for people to get divorced...why take Genesis (Old Testament) as, well, the gospel?

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by isbolick View Post
    Maybe sometime, waaaaaaay out there in time, we all will agree on one, definitive answer. Since that time is not yet, I'll let everybody, no matter where they stand in this debate, have their opinions. It will all eventually shake out.

I don't think we have to. Agree, that is. Belief is intensely personal, no matter what the beliefs are. No one believes precisely the same way; not creationists or atheists. That is why I object to religion being in public schools, etc. My faith, or lack, is my business. The key isn't to agree, but to be exactly where you are...allowing each individual to hold their own beliefs without prejudice.
    Oh my I need some bacon.... I keep thinking I'm on the wrong thread. This is not a debate thread. Maybe I should have set up a poll instead? No, next time I will listen to justyouraveragecaveman. You were so right!
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I believe we have changed over time of course, but I don't believe that we were once apes. I also don't believe that the universe just happened to spit out a planet within a relatively narrow livable band a certain distance from a star. I have faith that God created everything I see and don't see, for reasons that I don't know or need to know. Are there more planets in a livable band elsewhere in the galaxy? I don't know, it's none of business really, maybe I'll ask one day.
    Good topic for a thread, but I fear that it will be short-lived.
    What he said!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Rasputina, God and evolution can absolutely co-exist. I find it terribly frustrating when people act as if believing in a God negates a belief in natural selection and evolutionary change. It is bizarre to me to pick and choose through the Bible which parts will be taken verbatim and which with a grain of salt. If you don't believe that I should head next door and stone my neighbors to death for wearing cloth of mixed fibers or that it's Ok for me to have slaves (as long as they aren't Canadian or Mexican) and you think it's OK for people to get divorced...why take Genesis (Old Testament) as, well, the gospel?
    Yes, I just stated that God and Evolution can co-exist. I'm confused. Did you think I meant that they couldn't?

I should have also specified that by evolution, I meant lack of a creator as it's origin. Things evolve even today...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    I should have also specified that by evolution, I meant lack of a creator as it's origin. Things evolve even today...
    By creator, you mean the dogmatic, fundamentalist version of God that sends angels to smite babes and shows up as burning bushes, God?

isbolick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Yes, I just stated that God and Evolution can co-exist. I'm confused. Did you think I meant that they couldn't?
    I was agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    By creator, you mean the dogmatic, fundamentalist version of God that sends angels to smite babes and shows up as burning bushes, God?
    Yep, that one.

I was agreeing with you.
    Good times!

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast