Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 33

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    You are incorrect.

The essential philosophy of Laveyian "satanism" is Ayn Rand's Objectivism which he plagiarized among others Hypocrisy, Plagiarism and LaVey: By John Smith, 2001

Lavey is not the end all be all of satanism, he isn't even a very good beginning.

Of course if the devil convinces you that satanists believe that he doesn't exist, that would be a pretty good joke now wouldn't it?
    No, I'm not incorrect. And I know that Lavey is not the beginning nor the end, that was my point. I know quite a lot about it, actually, as someone who delved deep, and is probably the closest in ideaology to Satanism as one could get. As for Rand, she, well, Atlas Shrugged, and I fell asleep.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    No, I'm not incorrect..
    and yes, you are incorrect.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    How do you like his curriculum? I have to get something for our science this year. What others did you use? I found MDA same as you... Looking for recipes because of my newly diagnosed inability to digest grains- even gluten free pseudo grains. It was actually a blessing in disguise it seems.
    Yea, I find that even the oogliest of experiences can be used for good. You know, if I could somehow make all my daughter's disabilities go away tonight, I would. But since I can't, I choose to look for the good in it. For example: my other daughters now have no problem being around other disabled kids. They may not like an individual personality, but they can see past the disabilities to get to it, and realize how much harder their lives are on a daily basis. And the fact that we are living in 2012, and there is technology (computers with speech-generating programming in our case) to help almost everything. That kind of "look for the blessings" stuff.

I like the Answers in Genesis. The lessons are accurate in terminology, concise, and experiments use only household supplies (or so close as to make little difference). Scripture is right there, but not just token stuff. Keep your KJV (or preferred version) at the ready. They semi-recently moved from black-and-white to color on the interior pages - much prettier. When it comes to math books, I prefer black-and-white, but with science, somehow color belongs. The world is in color, too, so I guess I find that just more fitting.

I have pilfered suggestions from the Well-Trained Mind, as well. They do very well for scope and sequence. Don't know if you are familiar with Susan Wise Bauer (of The Well-Trained Mind), but she is a proponent of Classical Education. And she is a Christian, although it may not seem so sometimes in her writing - she wants to be able to speak to as many as possible w/o alienation. The libraries carry very good science books these days. You are probably best-served if you have cards for at least 2 different libraries. We have cards for 4, but we get around because the disabled daughter has regular therapy in different places and we just make time to go - homeschool schedules are fantastic for that. I'll look upstairs on the sciences bookshelf for you - just can't remember right here, right now.

and yes, you are incorrect.
    Nope. satan- worship and satanism are two different things.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    One of Ghandi's Seven Sins is "Science without Humility", and I chose to bring the "humility" portion into our education with a healthy dose of Christian thought.
    At what point does 'humility' become transposed with 'willful ignorance' in that sentence?

We are homeschooling our kids with a christian mindset, but we aren't 'young earthers'. I think that 'creationism' is the work of man, not of God.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Yep. Levayianism and objectivism are the same thing.
    LOL. shemhamforash, Good night.

LOL. shemhamforash, Good night.
    Uh-huh.

Grok is offline Senior Member

Uh-huh.
    Guess I "got your goat"? Heh, relax, mate, I don't give a pope's nose about any of this

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Guess I "got your goat"? Heh, relax, mate, I don't give a pope's nose about any of this
    Nuh-uh.

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast