Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 32

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi GeorgiaPeach!

Howya' doing with this rowdy bunch? I still check here - obviously. If you throw a very specific thought of yours up here re Primal and Creation / Christianity, I promise to consider and respond as close as I possibly can to the topic.

I believe I have read each post, but while you asked for our input (and got it in spades, just not how you had hoped ), I somehow don't have a definite, concise statement from your side onto which I can hang.

Give it a try?

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hi GeorgiaPeach!

Howya' doing with this rowdy bunch? I still check here - obviously. If you throw a very specific thought of yours up here re Primal and Creation / Christianity, I promise to consider and respond as close as I possibly can to the topic.

I believe I have read each post, but while you asked for our input (and got it in spades, just not how you had hoped ), I somehow don't have a definite, concise statement from your side onto which I can hang.

Give it a try?

I am a young-Earth creationist, and I take a literal approach to interpreting Genesis.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    It's a little rude to say that, if I agree with what someone says, I have to accept every single thing they say without question.

Having said that, I actually do believe in evolution. I'm just showing the failings of your statement. Blind devotion to ANY authority is dangerous.
    I think you're absolutely right to say that blind devotion to any viewpoint is wrong. My argument was a question of scale. It seems weird that many of us primal eaters have accepted the science behind the way we are eating, but some in this thread haven't accepted the reasons why primal works. We are used to questioning doctors and nutritionists, so of course we should question geneticists/geologists/paleontologists too. But there are hundreds of millions of them, as opposed to probably thousands of primal-friendly nutritionists. Why should we have faith in one group and trust our health to them, but not trust the other scientists who are working on a much more mainstream and generally accepted theory?

I respect religious and philosophical beliefs and think that they can happily exist alongside science. I would not dream of telling someone that there is no God. Just because evolution makes sense, doesn't mean that religions automatically don't make sense too. I only have a problem with literalism. Whether God was involved or not, it definitely still took billions of years to happen. And we did evolve from, and remain, apes.

Are you really going to look at all the plastics in your home and the gas in your car, and the fact that oil companies spend billions drilling this stuff up, and say that they geologists could tell them where to drill, based on a guess and crossed fingers? Cos that's not what happens. They know where to find the oil because there's a sequence of stratigraphic layers, laid down by geological processes and identifiable by the fact there's a particular sequence of fossils in them. Are you going to tell them, that their entire career, their entire knowledge, is based on a lie?

Some put their faith in religious leaders and that's their choice, I'm not going to say that your favourite priest/rabi/imam is maliciously lying to you. But their knowledge is based on a single ancient book. It may have some wisdom in it but it's still just one book. Put that on a weighing scale against all the evidence that's been published in the last 200 years about this theory.

Questioning the mechanisms of evolution and how it relates to religions, is on par with questioning your doctor's outdated ideas about cholesterol. Denying evolution happened at all is more like breaking a bone and saying to the doctor, I don't believe you can fix me, I don't believe in bones, because I can't see them.
    Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 06-28-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Now I'll keep my promise:

I actually own the entire Answers in Genesis grades 1 - 8 science curriculum. Ken Ham is not my very favorite guy, but I have got to give it to him in the passion and energy department. One of these days I will actually go to the Creation Museum just to see and read everything.

My own personal theology is evolving at the moment, so I can't say to you what I am specifically (because I don't yet know myself), beyond a core spirituality, which I put on this thread earlier.

One of the reasons I got this curriculum, besides the concise work it makes of elem sci, is because I wanted several science viewpoints in our schoolroom (what we call the room where we keep our homeschool supplies, desks, books, and other materials). There is no separating religion and science, at least as far as the corporate public discussion is concerned, and I couldn't countenance JUST an evolutionary, or JUST a young-earth view, as the kiddos would run into all sides once they left my house.

One of Ghandi's Seven Sins is "Science without Humility", and I chose to bring the "humility" portion into our education with a healthy dose of Christian thought.

As far as the Primal - since I am neither Ken Ham's protege nor a leading scientist, I don't get hung up on either. I came to the Primal actually from a tangent - I was out looking for new recipes for a disabled daughter with a strict diet that closely resembles the Primal, and ended up on the MDA. My ever-present curiosity got the better of me - as always - and here I am, 8 weeks later, experimenting successfully on myself with it.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

My own personal theology is evolving at the moment,.
    Have you ever considered joining the infernal host?

the electric hellfire club-kiss the goat - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Have you ever considered joining the infernal host?
    You know, several years ago I decided I would start my own little Comparative Religions study, for myself and by myself, and I did poke around LaVey a bit. Legit area to poke into - they exist. I ran across some stuff about individualism that was actually thought-provoking.

I am still into my study, as religious communities (we are in a heavily Amish area), religions, denominations, spiritualities, etc. pop up on my radar.

To be honest, I would rather eat goat than kiss goat. And I fear I would make a horrible headbanger - just not good at it at all. Y'all would have to treat me like the profoundly disabled person that televangelists like to fawn over on-air: "She is my very special star come down from heaven..." Although, in your case, it might be something like "Grrrrrowl - she is a little turdlet the goat pooped out but we keep her for comparison sake anyway..." Or something like that.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Now I'll keep my promise:

I actually own the entire Answers in Genesis grades 1 - 8 science curriculum. Ken Ham is not my very favorite guy, but I have got to give it to him in the passion and energy department. One of these days I will actually go to the Creation Museum just to see and read everything.

My own personal theology is evolving at the moment, so I can't say to you what I am specifically (because I don't yet know myself), beyond a core spirituality, which I put on this thread earlier.

One of the reasons I got this curriculum, besides the concise work it makes of elem sci, is because I wanted several science viewpoints in our schoolroom (what we call the room where we keep our homeschool supplies, desks, books, and other materials). There is no separating religion and science, at least as far as the corporate public discussion is concerned, and I couldn't countenance JUST an evolutionary, or JUST a young-earth view, as the kiddos would run into all sides once they left my house.

One of Ghandi's Seven Sins is "Science without Humility", and I chose to bring the "humility" portion into our education with a healthy dose of Christian thought.

As far as the Primal - since I am neither Ken Ham's protege nor a leading scientist, I don't get hung up on either. I came to the Primal actually from a tangent - I was out looking for new recipes for a disabled daughter with a strict diet that closely resembles the Primal, and ended up on the MDA. My ever-present curiosity got the better of me - as always - and here I am, 8 weeks later, experimenting successfully on myself with it.

How do you like his curriculum? I have to get something for our science this year. What others did you use? I found MDA same as you... Looking for recipes because of my newly diagnosed inability to digest grains- even gluten free pseudo grains. It was actually a blessing in disguise it seems.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

You know, several years ago I decided I would start my own little Comparative Religions study, for myself and by myself, and I did poke around LaVey
    t.
    Lavey isn't the only game in town.

Not even an interesting one actually.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Lavey isn't the only game in town.

Not even an interesting one actually.
    The essential philosophy of Satanism is virtually identical to humanism. You are your own God. The devil does not exist. Hell is in your mind. Do unto others as they do unto you- threefold. All of Anton's capes and Black Mass BS, was something used for the same theatric appeal as the Christian Church- flashy sells. Rituals and magical gatherings in "Satanism" are worthless, and many followers of Lavey were the brunt of the joke. The philosophy is sound, but the "practice" as the organized religion of Satanism is a joke, and meant to be a giant PUNK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    The essential philosophy of Satanism is virtually identical to humanism. You are your own God. The devil does not exist. Hell is in your mind. Do unto others as they do unto you- threefold. All of Anton's capes and Black Mass BS, was something used for the same theatric appeal as the Christian Church- flashy sells. Rituals and magical gatherings in "Satanism" are worthless, and many followers of Lavey were the brunt of the joke. The philosophy is sound, but the "practice" as the organized religion of Satanism is a joke, and meant to be a giant PUNK.
    You are incorrect.

The essential philosophy of Laveyian "satanism" is Ayn Rand's Objectivism which he plagiarized among others Hypocrisy, Plagiarism and LaVey: By John Smith, 2001

Lavey is not the end all be all of satanism, he isn't even a very good beginning.

Of course if the devil convinces you that satanists believe that he doesn't exist, that would be a pretty good joke now wouldn't it?

More http://satanismcentral.com/aslv.html
    Last edited by DarthFriendly; 06-28-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast